TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

It is watered down as if you go back through the old playoff brackets from early on I believe most teams are in the FBS now, for every team that moved up you typically got a Campbell Camels replacing them not another playoff level team NDSU is the exception to the rule about the only one really off the top of my head. I will say for NDSU they have legitimized their run more with FBS wins than NC's to me.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

2. Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    It is watered down as if you go back through the old playoff brackets from early on I believe most teams are in the FBS now, for every team that moved up you typically got a Campbell Camels replacing them not another playoff level team NDSU is the exception to the rule about the only one really off the top of my head. I will say for NDSU they have legitimized their run more with FBS wins than NC's to me.
    Very fair take. Can't argue/disagree with any of it. I really miss playing you guys.

3. Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    I don't know why teams like Iowa State and Kansas keep scheduling NDSU when we've always been told that they won't schedule us because they're scared. NDSU is head and shoulders above the bottom 25% of FBS and would compete with the next 50% on any given day. I'm not sure why they haven't pursued FBS membership when they would clearly be competitive.

4. Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    I don't know why teams like Iowa State and Kansas keep scheduling NDSU when we've always been told that they won't schedule us because they're scared. NDSU is head and shoulders above the bottom 25% of FBS and would compete with the next 50% on any given day. I'm not sure why they haven't pursued FBS membership when they would clearly be competitive.
    Iowa St is the only FBS team that has scheduled us twice. FBS games are incredibly hard for us to get. We try and try but we get very little interest. As far as FBS membership, NDSU has looked into it. There aren't much options around here. P5 conferences have no interest in us. The MAC is arguably not a step up, even if they were interested. I think the Mountain West is the only possibility, and they are not interested. We just don't have a large enough viewership...too sparsely populated. There isn't enough payoff for conferences. Add to all that we are stuck in the Fargodome, which cannot be expanded. We are stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Very fair take. Can't argue/disagree with any of it. I really miss playing you guys.
    Definitely a fair take.

And there isn’t a GS fan out there who wouldn’t be worried if we had to play the Bison this year.

6. Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

Quote Originally Posted by ERK-MOBILE View Post
    Definitely a fair take.

And there isn’t a GS fan out there who wouldn’t be worried if we had to play the Bison this year.
    It would be a great game...unless you take our qb out in the first series of the game...not that you guys would ever do that to a ranked team.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    GS didn’t have a great tradition and a great program in FCS?
    I'm referring to the type of school, geography, culture. I don't see their achievements as lessening ours.

8. Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

Those programs did not avoid scheduling GS because they were “scared.” To your point, them scheduling NDSU is proof enough.

I don't know why teams like Iowa State and Kansas keep scheduling NDSU when we've always been told that they won't schedule us because they're scared.
    Just curious where you’ve heard teams are scared to schedule GS. Other than maybe a few on here, I can’t remember hearing it from credible sources. The posters on here are probably speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle12 View Post
    Just curious where you’ve heard teams are scared to schedule GS. Other than maybe a few on here, I can’t remember hearing it from credible sources. The posters on here are probably speculating.
    Scared might not be the right word but many many many fbs coaches and ad's have stated they didnt want to schedule us bc of the offense we ran. Even Saban stated that when georgia southern was scheduled we ran a different offense, hinting that he would not have scheduled us if monken was the coach.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982