TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    28,417

    Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

    Haha yeah let’s stick an asterisk beside everything after 2013 because the teams that couldn’t keep them from winning the title in 2011 or 2012 moved up. That would be by far the dumbest post in this thread if skins would have one upped himself by saying that NDSU doesn’t want to see Kennesaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  2. #22

    Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

    Eskimo Must be on bath salts. Kennesaw ****ing State!? NDSU will beat them by 40.

  3. #23

    Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

    Kennesaw won't even get to the final 4.

  4. #24

    Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Eskimo Must be on bath salts. Kennesaw ****ing State!? NDSU will beat them by 40.
    this

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Kennesaw won't even get to the final 4.
    And even more likely, this.....
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  5. #25

    Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I'm not saying it's not watered down. I'm just saying that it didn't magically get watered down in 2013 when GS and Appy left. It was watered down before that, yet we didn't go on a 10 year run like they are did we? If it's so easy to do, then why didn't we? What they are doing is because they are a great team, not JUST because the division is watered down. Should Bama's championships have an asterisk since there are only 2 or 3 teams in any given year that are even close to being on their level?
    I didn't say Southern and App and other move-ups were the sole cause. It's also a result of Montana and the traditional CAA powers just not being as good as they used to be. The CAA had some great conferences in the 90s and 00s. Now they're just an average league and they haven't really had many move-ups other than ODU that was just there a few years.

    The argument about coaching records to me seems unassailable. Either Houston and Klieman are just better than all the other FCS coaches I mentioned, or the league is just watered down. I don't see a way to any other conclusion. Considering the run Craig Bohl went on from 2011-2013 while he went on to basically look average by the standard of Wyoming coaches, the answer is obvious.

    If not, some major P5 program had better lock down Klieman because his win percentage is better than the guy many are calling the greatest coach ever.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    REgardling football Scheduling.

  6. #26

    Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I didn't say Southern and App and other move-ups were the sole cause. It's also a result of Montana and the traditional CAA powers just not being as good as they used to be. The CAA had some great conferences in the 90s and 00s. Now they're just an average league and they haven't really had many move-ups other than ODU that was just there a few years.

    The argument about coaching records to me seems unassailable. Either Houston and Klieman are just better than all the other FCS coaches I mentioned, or the league is just watered down. I don't see a way to any other conclusion. Considering the run Craig Bohl went on from 2011-2013 while he went on to basically look average by the standard of Wyoming coaches, the answer is obvious.

    If not, some major P5 program had better lock down Klieman because his win percentage is better than the guy many are calling the greatest coach ever.
    Maybe those two ARE benter. So far the NDSU HC hasn't lost a NC game that his team was favored in.

  7. #27

    Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

    NDSU has a great tradition and a great program. Apples and Oranges comparison with GS.

  8. #28

    Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1. I don't buy the "water down" theory, bottom line is you got to win. Glad FCS wasn't watered down when we were in it, makes it easier to say we didn't win a NC for those 13 years because back in those days men were men and FCS was like running the gauntlet from hell. Now we know it's really easy to win a FCS NC.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  9. Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Haha yeah let’s stick an asterisk beside everything after 2013 because the teams that couldn’t keep them from winning the title in 2011 or 2012 moved up. That would be by far the dumbest post in this thread if skins would have one upped himself by saying that NDSU doesn’t want to see Kennesaw.
    We absolutely want to see Kennesaw! That means SDSU is done. SDSU is not a championship team this year...but they can beat us. It is the familiarity thing. I'm guessing you guys know about that...an inferior team that must matches up well with you...knows all your tricks, etc? SDSU is not a bad team at all...but they lost a lot of talent from last year, and this year their starting rb went down. If anybody beats us this year, it would be SDSU. James Madison is good and can't be taken lightly, but they are not the same team as the last two years.

  10. #30

    Default Re: NDS could break GS 6 NC Record

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    NDSU has a great tradition and a great program. Apples and Oranges comparison with GS.
    GS didn’t have a great tradition and a great program in FCS?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11th October 2014, 12:14 AM
  2. Just Move and You Break Even
    By half-n-half in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10th May 2012, 11:40 AM
  3. Campaign to break the old attendance record
    By swat_gsu in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 2nd October 2011, 09:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •