Thread: Bowl Game

Default Bowl Game

Where do you have us going?

Troy: New Orleans
    ULL: Mobile
    GS: Montgomery
    App: Orlando
    ArkS: Arizona
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

Default Re: Bowl Game

Montgomery would be a poor choice from the bowl side of things.

The majority of our fans live close enough, and it's an easy enough drive from Atlanta that they'd spend less time in town so there's not as much money injected into the local economy. They sell some tickets, but don't get the boost from thousands of people staying in town for several days.

Someone mentioned ULL to Montgomery if they don't win the conference which I think is interesting. It's a smaller venue but they haven't really had amazing attendance this year in the first place. Seems they're kind of like us, cautious about the way the season is going.

It's likely whoever loses the title game in Mobile. We're probably going to Orlando. Cure Bowl has wanted us for a long time, this might be the year they get us.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    It's likely whoever loses the title game in Mobile. We're probably going to Orlando. Cure Bowl has wanted us for a long time, this might be the year they get us.
    I prefer Orlando. I would like to go back to Mobile without the rain.

I could see App being taken by Montgomery since they have played there twice.

I'd go to the Dollar General or Camillia, but my group really is hoping for the Cure.

Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post
    I prefer Orlando. I would like to go back to Mobile without the rain.

I could see App being taken by Montgomery since they have played there twice.
    App is going to argue against Montgomery just because they have been there so many times.

Personally I'd love to go back to Mobile. I really enjoyed it down there, and would be nice to get the full range of activities without the rain.

We'll go to Montgomery or Orlando. I enjoyed Mobile, but the timing is inconvenient being so close to Christmas.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

7. Default Re: Bowl Game

We're a lock for the Cure Bowl unless Mobile or Montgomery decide we're their best bet

We know the winner (likely Troy or App) will go to NOLA. I think Mobile will likely go after whichever of those two is not the champ, and Montgomery will go after the runner up from the west (I'm assuming it's StAte) unless they view us as more attractive. If they pick StAte, Orlando will snatch us up. Arizona will decide if they'd rather have ULM or ULL. Coastal and one of the UL_'s will stay home.

I think we go to Mobile or Orlando ... it's about the # of fans you can bring .. which is why think Mobile is still in running for us .. would prefer Orlando but will just be happy to be somewhere playing in a bowl game.
    Duane Claxton
    Savannah Ga
    Married into Eagle Nation 1994

Quote Originally Posted by gsugt1 View Post
    I think we go to Mobile or Orlando ... it's about the # of fans you can bring .. which is why think Mobile is still in running for us .. would prefer Orlando but will just be happy to be somewhere playing in a bowl game.
    It's about # of fans plus how well they engage the local community. I've heard Troy fans saying that Montgomery would be a poor choice for them because their fans wouldn't stay in town.

Injecting money into the local economy is a big objective with these bowls. From I remember, Mobile was very happy with the amount of money spent and the support we had in 2015 (we like to drink, and downtown is perfect for it). I also think Montgomery would be a poor choice for us in that regard as well.

I know I'm not going to spend nearly as much time in Montgomery as I did in Mobile if that's where we go, I might just go for the game because the drive back to Warner Robins isn't terrible. Montgomery doesn't really strike me as a tourism town in any case.

DG and Cure is where they'd get the most bang for their buck out of our fans.

The Cure Bowl would be my personal favorite because I have friends and family that would only be a one or two hour drive from Orlando during a holiday season. For Georgia Southern's front porch: either Alabama bowl because of our ability to travel and show out on an ESPN bowl. Audience is everything.