TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 208

Thread: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    44,082

    Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

    I had a race this morning at Turner Field. Did some scoping out of the stadium (it finished on the field).

    All the same seats are there from the Braves. No chair backs or seat cushions will be needed. I actually went to see my seats and get this, the seat number went from 1,2,3,4,105,6,7, etc. They kept the existing seat numbers and when they didn't have enough, had to use other numbers. lol

    The stands behind our bench our very shallow, seemed to be maybe 20 rows max. It faces the field straight on directly. Nothing but a walkway behind them. No concession stands...unless the put up some eazy up tents or tables.

    The old plaza area (main entrance to Turner Field) still has the bar in the middle, beer, wine, water are available for sale. The old Braves clubhouse store is now their school store.

    Bathrooms are near the old ticket office entry gate and 1st aid, future game sales.

    Bench seating for their student section.

    Beer is $6 for domestic or $7 for premium. Wine is $8. Bottle water is $4. Seemed like the only places selling food was on the home side. A pizza place and something else.

    The GSU allotment is in the corner of the endzone.

    They are having a rally towel giveaway for the first 3,000 fans. So they will have plenty of leftovers if they run out of toilet paper.

    They are building dorms or apartments in the green lot. The parking deck looks complete. Looks to be about 4 stories high right now and at least 3-4 buildings.

    The way I came in from Decatur I didn't come in the Blue Lot so I didn't do any scouting there. There was a tent already set up in the blue lot, not sure of EFAA or alumni bbq.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  2. #142

    Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I had a race this morning at Turner Field. Did some scoping out of the stadium (it finished on the field).

    All the same seats are there from the Braves. No chair backs or seat cushions will be needed. I actually went to see my seats and get this, the seat number went from 1,2,3,4,105,6,7, etc. They kept the existing seat numbers and when they didn't have enough, had to use other numbers. lol

    The stands behind our bench our very shallow, seemed to be maybe 20 rows max. It faces the field straight on directly. Nothing but a walkway behind them. No concession stands...unless the put up some eazy up tents or tables.

    The old plaza area (main entrance to Turner Field) still has the bar in the middle, beer, wine, water are available for sale. The old Braves clubhouse store is now their school store.

    Bathrooms are near the old ticket office entry gate and 1st aid, future game sales.

    Bench seating for their student section.

    Beer is $6 for domestic or $7 for premium. Wine is $8. Bottle water is $4. Seemed like the only places selling food was on the home side. A pizza place and something else.

    The GSU allotment is in the corner of the endzone.

    They are having a rally towel giveaway for the first 3,000 fans. So they will have plenty of leftovers if they run out of toilet paper.

    They are building dorms or apartments in the green lot. The parking deck looks complete. Looks to be about 4 stories high right now and at least 3-4 buildings.

    The way I came in from Decatur I didn't come in the Blue Lot so I didn't do any scouting there. There was a tent already set up in the blue lot, not sure of EFAA or alumni bbq.
    In Section 100 Are you saying those are chair back seats? Looks like plain aluminum benches from the photos I’ve seen

  3. Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions


  4. #144

    Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    In Section 100 Are you saying those are chair back seats? Looks like plain aluminum benches from the photos I’ve seen
    Looks like seats to me. As he mentioned, the only aluminum bleachers are in their student section, which is the endzone closest to the scoreboard.

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    25,749

    Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Yea that's revisionist history.


  6. #146

    Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Yea that's revisionist history.
    Sure is. The disrespect came long before that game and it started from the other direction. If we are able to pound them Saturday, I'd roll out the sign again.

    Losing to them even once was an epic embarrassment. We really need to "leave no doubt" ... IF we can.

  7. #147

    Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Looks like seats to me. As he mentioned, the only aluminum bleachers are in their student section, which is the endzone closest to the scoreboard.
    Thanks

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    44,082

    Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    In Section 100 Are you saying those are chair back seats? Looks like plain aluminum benches from the photos I’ve seen
    They are all folding chair back seats from the Braves
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  9. Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    They are all folding chair back seats from the Braves
    Folding Chairs you say.....???

  10. Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

    Sounds like a good omen to me! GATA! Swing that Folding Chair!

Similar Threads

  1. Discussion on SSU - GSU game.
    By Raptor23 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 1st September 2016, 04:42 PM
  2. Georgia Southern vs. Georgia State Game Photos 10-25-2014
    By Eagle22 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26th October 2014, 04:46 PM
  3. Jonesboro Radio discussion on Georgia Southern
    By chiefsfan in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24th September 2014, 01:13 PM
  4. Replies: 206
    Last Post: 27th December 2011, 11:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •