TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Everett Withers out at Texas State

Default Re: Everett Withers out at Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I like Debesse overall.

I think he knows what he is doing, but might be a bit on the conservative side as far as playcalling.

Sometimes brilliant, sometimes...... Well not so much.

I'd rate Debesse a solid A if he could figure out how to time up CJ a couple more times this season!
    I'd say the times that are not so brilliant have more to do with blocking than with pay calls.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    My point is that very simplistic logic would apply to all HC searches and not just Debusse.
    It seemed like you were implying that Drew was saying that and that he was wrong for it.

Some current coordinators might be viewed as being more apt to readily assemble an entire staff, like if they’d had a relatively recent HC stint, or were coming off an extended tenure in one place with a long-term staff under them on at least one side of the ball. DeBesse hasn’t been a HC in over 15 years and then had only modest success, and his staff here wouldn’t seem to qualify as a long-time loyal crew.

But, yes, I’d think it’s safe to suggest that an existing HC is almost always safer bet as a general rule.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Maybe the one good thing that could come from us struggling against TX St is that they might have failed to be impressed with our offense?

We sure do need continuity this off season. But I wish coach the best either way.

The big question to me is are they willing to run the option? I don't think they would be open to it, so I'd be very shocked to see Debesse go there.

I would bet my house that DeBesse won't be interviewed, much less hired.

6. Default Re: Everett Withers out at Texas State

Yeah, the AD there is under pressure and will need a slam dunk hire, not the roll of the dice. Let’s hope anyway.

I personally cant see any of our coordinators or HC leaving this year, so I am going to just enjoy the chaos of the coaching carousel as it hits full swing. Worst case is that some of our position coaches may get plucked to be a coordinator for a smaller school, but for the first time in a while I think we'll have largely the same staff going into next season.

Also, I know I probably just jinxed everything but thats showbiz baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Eagle Blue View Post
    Yeah, the AD there is under pressure and will need a slam dunk hire, not the roll of the dice. Let’s hope anyway.
    DeBesse was fired from a bad G5 program 11 months ago.

There's no way they could rationalize hiring him.

9. Default Re: Everett Withers out at Texas State

Good point

10. Default Re: Everett Withers out at Texas State

TS is available.