TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213 LastLast

Thread: Paulson Experience This Season?

1. Default Re: Paulson Experience This Season?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I definitely agree about the timing of the ads.

But as far as the hype guy.

No.

Just HELL no! That thing I saw at Auburn was the dumbest, dorkiest hype thing I have ever seen anywhere. It was beyond horrible!!

Many schools have a guy like you pictured who walks around the sidelines and does stuff, but I don't remember seeing any with a cheesy DJ thing going on. That was just horrible. HORRIBLE! You should have heard the massive groan in my section when people saw him start.

i would suggest trying to understand whether something would be a good fit for our culture before we jump on the "a bunch of other places do it" wagon. The hype guy definitely didn't fire up the Auburn crowd. They hate him. We would hate him. We definitely do NOT need a hype guy. I don't want to have to explain to newcomers why they need to ignore the next couple of minutes if some jackwagon jumping around yelling into a mic.
    Yeah, no to the old guy that runs into the middle of the field and acts dorky. But the student mic men only stand on the sideline, usually by the band, and basically do the chants to the band songs to show the other students what and when to do them. You can't see them unless you're in the student section.

Default Re: Paulson Experience This Season?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I said in my survey that the commercials are getting ridiculous.
    It isn't the commercials themselves...Statesboro is small-town America and what would you expect from small-town American business. The bigger (biggest) issue is the way the video screen operator hasn't yet learned how to modulate the sound levels. It is typically twice as loud as it needs to be, especially when there is no game/crowd action going on. Have to agree with the jelly song...it is stuck in my head and will never be completely purged.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    .... Have to agree with the jelly song...it is stuck in my head and will never be completely purged.
    It's much easier just to go with it.... Don't fight it... Let it in.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    Plan ahead: bring a cap from home. It's small...your pockets are big.
    Funny
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    It isn't the commercials themselves...Statesboro is small-town America and what would you expect from small-town American business. The bigger (biggest) issue is the way the video screen operator hasn't yet learned how to modulate the sound levels. It is typically twice as loud as it needs to be, especially when there is no game/crowd action going on. Have to agree with the jelly song...it is stuck in my head and will never be completely purged.
    I think our band should play some Tijuana Brass ………… ;-)

6. Default Re: Paulson Experience This Season?

7. Default Re: Paulson Experience This Season?

On my survey, I suggested video board ads with no sound. If you want to cycle some banners during downtime, that's fine, but I don't want to see full-blown commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    On my survey, I suggested video board ads with no sound. If you want to cycle some banners during downtime, that's fine, but I don't want to see full-blown commercials.
    I'd rather see replays, but if someone pays GSU for an add they should have sound at a very low level.

9. Default Re: Paulson Experience This Season?

Yeah, no to the old guy that runs into the middle of the field and acts dorky. But the student mic men only stand on the sideline, usually by the band, and basically do the chants to the band songs to show the other students what and when to do them. You can't see them unless you're in the student section.

Oh.

I see.

Maybe that wouldn't be bad.

I think we are on the same page. The Auburn douche who ran around in the middle of the field with a mic, flipping around like he had an aneurysm is who I object strongly to.

I’d give them an A

the only negative that I can think of is the commercials. They’re distracting and poorly timed. The Georgia...Southern... chant shouldn’t be drowned out by a stupid ad. Or on a 3rd down timeout. Completely inhales vigorously the energy dry.

In the future I’d love to see better use of replays on the screen and also It would be cool to have some score updates from other games pop up on some short timeouts. It usually keeps the crowd in it during the breaks and it’s so easy to do.

Also no more air guitar contests, that stuff is cringeworthy to watch.
    THIS PLEASE