TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Paulson Experience This Season?

Default Re: Paulson Experience This Season?

Haven't read through this whole thread so I don't know if this has been said already but... I have Verizon and every time I step foot in that stadium for a game I cannot for the life of me get any sort of internet coverage. I can't check twitter, scores, anything. however, my peers who have AT&T says their internet coverage is perfectly fine, why is this?!

T-mobile works OK.

Quote Originally Posted by GATA2020 View Post
    Haven't read through this whole thread so I don't know if this has been said already but... I have Verizon and every time I step foot in that stadium for a game I cannot for the life of me get any sort of internet coverage. I can't check twitter, scores, anything. however, my peers who have AT&T says their internet coverage is perfectly fine, why is this?!
    I think it's just Verizon's tower being overloaded with connections. Pretty sure AT&T and TMobile don't have the users in this area that VZ does.

4. Default Re: Paulson Experience This Season?

I’ve never had a problem with AT&T inside Paulson except when the crowd is near sellout size. Isn’t Verizon one of our sponsors? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I’ve never had a problem with AT&T inside Paulson except when the crowd is near sellout size. Isn’t Verizon one of our sponsors? Lol
    The local store yes is a sponsor. But for the millionth time too many people in one small area, the cell tower gets overloaded and can't handle the demand. Another tower isn't going to help either. We either need to spend a million or more on a DAS system or likely around the same amount for stadium wifi.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GATA2020 View Post
    This.

And now since I have been to every Sun Belt stadium, I can now say for a 100% fact that Paulson Stadium is the only one in the conference where I cannot do a single thing on my phone with the Internet. No Twitter, scores, ESPN app, can't send a text at all. At all 9 other stadiums, I have full service and have no issues doing anything. I can even stream other SBC games at halftime. We can't be the only stadium averaging 16k crowds in the conference. Boone and Troy have flawless Verizon service.

I'd like to see our wifi upgraded significantly if Verizon can't figure this out with Paulson.

7. Default Re: Paulson Experience This Season?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEDAVIDSON View Post
    Cash only concession stands, if you can't carry enough cach for a coke and popcorn, STAY HOME!
    Stay home? Why? Wouldn’t the point of adding that be to split the crowd by diverting cash payment and credit/debit payment consumers to different locations?

But, I love the idea of ADDING cash concessions.

8. Default Re: Paulson Experience This Season?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEDAVIDSON View Post
    Cash only concession stands, if you can't carry enough cach for a coke and popcorn, STAY HOME!
    This comment is funny to me because I know someone over the age of 40 wrote it.

Cash takes wayyy longer to ring up and distribute change than a simple card swipe does. What we should be pushing for is an App that you can order your food on and go pick it up at the concession stand window when it's ready. That way you can stay in your seat and not miss too much of the game. Of course the cell service problems will have to be fixed in order to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    This.

And now since I have been to every Sun Belt stadium, I can now say for a 100% fact that Paulson Stadium is the only one in the conference where I cannot do a single thing on my phone with the Internet. No Twitter, scores, ESPN app, can't send a text at all. At all 9 other stadiums, I have full service and have no issues doing anything. I can even stream other SBC games at halftime. We can't be the only stadium averaging 16k crowds in the conference. Boone and Troy have flawless Verizon service.

I'd like to see our wifi upgraded significantly if Verizon can't figure this out with Paulson.
    I've yet to be at a Sun Belt stadium that had as many fans in it as ours. The Dome didn't count since signal is either boosted or crap in there.

10. Default Re: Paulson Experience This Season?

I think Verizon needs to pony up.

They are expensive as hell. Put some of that $$$$ to work.

If it’s possible to have decent coverage at Hartsfield, they. Can certainly do it in Paulson.

The bigger that company gets, and the more $$$$ they have, they more they inhale vigorously.