TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Volleyball

Default Volleyball

Coach has to go, right? We use to be a good volleyball school.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

2. Default Re: Volleyball

I am a new Southern fan. I have gone to just about every sport this fall. Both volleyball and women's soccer are really bad. Not advocating for anyone to lose their jobs but its a struggle. I know players on both teams and they say the admin doesn't care much about women sport too much.

Default Re: Volleyball

Volleyball has never been good outside if the few seasons Chad Callihan was coach.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Volleyball has never been good outside if the few seasons Chad Callihan was coach.
    This. We had one period where we were good in the entire history of the program.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

When our volleyball team was good, boy was it fun to watch. No reason to right it off as never being good. Non-football sports are a great opportunity to build brand recognition in other circles.

I don't personally get it, but some people don't care one bit about football.

I guess we have come a long way. To have a firing of the vb coach called for on the boards at least means that vb matters a bit. It was originally added by Bucky to fulfill Title 9. Rules. No funding or scholarships. Or full time head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUProfFan View Post
    I guess we have come a long way. To have a firing of the vb coach called for on the boards at least means that vb matters a bit. It was originally added by Bucky to fulfill Title 9. Rules. No funding or scholarships. Or full time head coach.
    EskimoJoe is the one who said before "anyone who cares about women's sports needs to have their heads examined". I suspect that with football doing well so far the TK haters have to find some straw to grasp onto.

8. Default Re: Volleyball

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    EskimoJoe is the one who said before "anyone who cares about women's sports needs to have their heads examined". I suspect that with football doing well so far the TK haters have to find some straw to grasp onto.
    I go to the Armstrong campus. I know nothing about TK, but here is a thought. Maybe a more rounded athletic department will yield long term supporters. Bad sports programs likely don't breed a lot of support from the future alums and their families. I get football drives the bus but why anyone would want a bad overall athletic department is beyond me.

Any time I've watched women's volleyball I don't think I've even looked at the score, records, or who's playing for that matter. If I turn it on at all, all I expect it to do is return the favor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pirate Eagle View Post
    I go to the Armstrong campus. I know nothing about TK, but here is a thought. Maybe a more rounded athletic department will yield long term supporters. Bad sports programs likely don't breed a lot of support from the future alums and their families. I get football drives the bus but why anyone would want a bad overall athletic department is beyond me.
    I don't take the "let them eat cake" approach to non-revenue sports, but baby steps. They were bad in the SoCon and the Sun Belt is a step up in literally every sport other than men's soccer.