TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: App Crowd did it right!!

Default App Crowd did it right!!

So the crowd was loud when we were on defense... but the biggest thing was how quiet they stayed when we had the ball. It was very noticable. Our crowd was damn near perfect! Very, very well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Default Re: App Crowd did it right!!

Our students and fans were phenominal! When I got home on Friday, I watched the game (which I had recorded) and I was impressed with the level of noise that they made throughout the game. Of course, being in the stadium was a hundred times better and louder and a lot more fun! It was the best atmosphere since the last game of our first year in FBS when we won the Sunbelt in Paulson. I was happy for our fans, especially our students to see and be a part of what so many of us have seen throughout our storied and tradition rich program. That being said, I would like to voice a concern that I have about the amount of profanity that was directed towards our visiting fans. "F--- APP State" was yelled in the tailgate areas, walking into and out of the stadium, in the restrooms, concourses and stands throughout the entire night. It was embarassing and showed a lack of class. I realize that college students who have been drinking will do stupid things but the free use of the F bomb is offensive, especially considering that our fan base includes children and families who simply do not use or want to hear that kind of language. I don't like App State but we can and should do better.
    West Georgia Eagle
    Temple, GA
    Class of 1981

Quote Originally Posted by West Georgia Eagle View Post
    Our students and fans were phenominal! When I got home on Friday, I watched the game (which I had recorded) and I was impressed with the level of noise that they made throughout the game. Of course, being in the stadium was a hundred times better and louder and a lot more fun! It was the best atmosphere since the last game of our first year in FBS when we won the Sunbelt in Paulson. I was happy for our fans, especially our students to see and be a part of what so many of us have seen throughout our storied and tradition rich program. That being said, I would like to voice a concern that I have about the amount of profanity that was directed towards our visiting fans. "F--- APP State" was yelled in the tailgate areas, walking into and out of the stadium, in the restrooms, concourses and stands throughout the entire night. It was embarassing and showed a lack of class. I realize that college students who have been drinking will do stupid things but the free use of the F bomb is offensive, especially considering that our fan base includes children and families who simply do not use or want to hear that kind of language. I don't like App State but we can and should do better.
    Agree

The Power of Paulson was great last night.

There are a few people though that still don't get that you don't answer a "chant" from your own side of the stadium.

For instance, during the game - If everyone around you is yelling "GEORGIA".... DO NOT answer with "SOUTHERN"! - That is for the other side of the stadium people.

Now if you are just walking around... have at it.

That said.. it was GREAT to hear so many people yelling last night.

5. Default Re: App Crowd did it right!!

you have a point but at the same time thatís kind of hard to police. I would also say that ďclassyĒ isnít really something thatís associated with Georgia Southern and thatís not necessarily a bad thing. This isnít Wofford and we donít have wine and cheese tailgates. Like when Bama fans sing Dixieland Delight and say F [SEC team] a few times in their chant, itís part of a big, energetic game. It does kind of take away from the family atmosphere but at the same time itís not like it happens every game. Iíve literally only heard that chant directed at App, and if Appy fans are offended by it I really donít care. The only time it would become a problem is if itís an every game thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Iíve literally only heard that chant directed at App, and if Appy fans are offended by it I really donít care.
    Would you care if your mother was offended by it? Or your 7-year old daughter who up until that point was cheerily joining in on the crowd chants?

Even if we insist on being classless fans, must we insist on being classless people?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

I will say it was an outstanding performance, nsfw chants excepted, by the crowd. It sounded really loud from start to finish. Wonder how it sounded from the south stands.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    you have a point but at the same time thatís kind of hard to police. I would also say that ďclassyĒ isnít really something thatís associated with Georgia Southern and thatís not necessarily a bad thing. This isnít Wofford and we donít have wine and cheese tailgates. Like when Bama fans sing Dixieland Delight and say F [SEC team] a few times in their chant, itís part of a big, energetic game. It does kind of take away from the family atmosphere but at the same time itís not like it happens every game. Iíve literally only heard that chant directed at App, and if Appy fans are offended by it I really donít care. The only time it would become a problem is if itís an every game thing.
    You might want to rethink your position.
    ďGentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.Ē ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

9. Default Re: App Crowd did it right!!

Bama also stopped playing Dixieland delight for three seasons because of the added F bombs..... We may not be a ďwine and cheeseĒ crowd but we should absolutely keep it classy and I think most of the time we do. Last night the F bomb flowed too freely. It was a 7:30 game against a hated rival and the student section was running on high octane and natty light and I get that but It would be nice if I didnít have to worry about my kids asking about what the student section was chanting, just sayiní. Keep it classy but still GATA!

Misleading thread title is misleading.