TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: App State Game Thoughts

1. Default App State Game Thoughts

More thoughts when I wake up more, but for now, inject this directly into my veins.

One thing: 6.3 ypp vs 4.6 ypp. That's an ***-whipping.

Default Re: App State Game Thoughts

I tweeted up John Michaels and Rick Kamla from the 92.9 The Game mid-day show in Atlanta. Told them they needed to give us a shoutout for last nights big win. They dapped us up really good! Spent a bit more time than I figured they would.

#Nice

I was listening and heard that! John Michaels is cool but Kamla leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to talking about any program other than the AP top 10. It will be interesting what Dukes and Bell have to say this afternoon. Although they are the flagship station of State, Mike Bell clearly has a soft spot for Georgia Southern because some of his boys are alumni and he often speaks well of us. Being that he is a degenerate gambler, I'm sure he will comment on how we beat the 10.5 point spread.

Quote Originally Posted by jonjonf57 View Post
    I was listening and heard that! John Michaels is cool but Kamla leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to talking about any program other than the AP top 10. It will be interesting what Dukes and Bell have to say this afternoon. Although they are the flagship station of State, Mike Bell clearly has a soft spot for Georgia Southern because some of his boys are alumni and he often speaks well of us. Being that he is a degenerate gambler, I'm sure he will comment on how we beat the 10.5 point spread.
    Yes Dukes and Bell often give us props.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

We got a tiny bit of love (very tiny, but it was still there) from the Sports Junkies on DC sports radio this morning. Made my commute to Quantico a bit better.
    Drew Geer
    Georgia Southern University 1991-1995
    BA History

6. Default Re: App State Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    I tweeted up John Michaels and Rick Kamla from the 92.9 The Game mid-day show in Atlanta. Told them they needed to give us a shoutout for last nights big win. They dapped us up really good! Spent a bit more time than I figured they would.

#Nice
    Funny enough I texted the 929 the game text line earlier saying the same thing. I never heard what they said though, quick recap?

Didn't see this until today in ESPN's pick center. It was on ESPN+'s "Best Picks for Week 9".
    http://www.espn.com/chalk/insider/st...ia-usf-houston

Here are the best bets for Week 9 of the college football season:

Lines from Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, as of Wednesday night. As always, shop for the best price.

No. 25 Appalachian State Mountaineers (-10) at Georgia Southern Eagles (O/U 48)
    7:30 p.m. ET Thursday (ESPNU)

Fallica: Appalachian State is ranked for the first time in school history and now has to play a road game against a good team -- and it'll have to do so without its best running back, Jalin Moore. The Mountaineers are also double-digit favorites, as the number has been driven up all week. But the Eagles have gotten efficient QB play all season, and they simply do not turn the ball over -- three turnovers in seven games while forcing 17 from their opponents.

The only team to beat Georgia Southern and its rushing attack this season is Clemson. There's a good chance that the Eagles, who have already eclipsed last season's win total and lost by 21 last year in Boone in the midst of a lost season, pull the outright upset on Thursday night.

ATS pick: Georgia Southern +10
    Score: Georgia Southern 37, Appalachian State 35

8. Default Re: App State Game Thoughts

Bass......Does he lead the team in special team tackles? Seems he is always in on a tackle because our kickoff coverage does need some work.

Quote Originally Posted by jhbeagle View Post
    Bass......Does he lead the team in special team tackles? Seems he is always in on a tackle because our kickoff coverage does need some work.
    Yeah, if Bass doesn't kick it out the end zone, it's an adventure and the other team usually ends up starting at the 30-35+

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

10. Default Re: App State Game Thoughts

Another option for those who want to watch the game again... Here's the game with our friends from the Georgia Southern Radio Network providing the call. Enjoy!

Quality will be 720p60 once it finishes processing...