TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Access Bowl

1. Default Re: Access Bowl

One.Game.At.A.Time.

2. Default Re: Access Bowl

We need to buckle in for ULM. They have a bye this weekend so they've had ample to time to prep for us, and they just watched our showcase last night. ULM always gives us a hard fought game every season.

We also need to pay particular attention to the Coastal vs Georgia State game this weekend to see how Georgia State's defense handles a rushing attack.

Also, I really hope Coastal isn't playing for a bowl berth when we go up against them. That adds and unnecessary amount of wind in their sails if that happens. Remember the last time we played a conference opponent who was playing for their first bowl game?

And then there's Troy...

Eagle fans, we still have a long way to go.

Default Re: Access Bowl

A very long shot.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

4. Default Re: Access Bowl

My fear is we slip up once between now and then. Not only do we play a tough ULM game, but it’s a LONG trip to get there, our third long trip in as many weeks. Troy will not be a push over, and probably not CCU. The target is now on our back, and even if we do win out we have to play an additional game against stAte or ULL. However, fun discussion, things certainly just got very interesting for our program, Hail Southern!

It's a very long shot, as we probably get overlooked by even a 2 loss AAC team. It's going to be nice to see us mentioned as a dark horse for it after the past two years.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    We need to buckle in for ULM. They have a bye this weekend so they've had ample to time to prep for us, and they just watched our showcase last night. ULM always gives us a hard fought game every season.

We also need to pay particular attention to the Coastal vs Georgia State game this weekend to see how Georgia State's defense handles a rushing attack.

Also, I really hope Coastal isn't playing for a bowl berth when we go up against them. That adds and unnecessary amount of wind in their sails if that happens. Remember the last time we played a conference opponent who was playing for their first bowl game?

And then there's Troy...

Eagle fans, we still have a long way to go.
    And as much as I hate to say it, State is loseable. Our offense might negate their joke of a secondary and their front 7 is decent and their offense good.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by acm85 View Post
    One.Game.At.A.Time.
    Yes

Let's pump the brakes on Access Bowl talk. 7-1 gives us a ton of reasons to be excited, but let's focus on the opponents on the schedule first. The last 4 games will not be cakewalks.
    ​_________________________________________________ __________________________
    Section LL

9. Default Re: Access Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    And as much as I hate to say it, State is loseable. Our offense might negate their joke of a secondary and their front 7 is decent and their offense good.
    Every single one of these next 4 games is loseable if we don't perform.

Let the team focus on the next games. I already booked my tickets for New Year's in Glendale. What? Planning on paying for them with my Powerball winnings.