TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Access Bowl

  1. #1

    Default Access Bowl

    Time to start legitamitely thinking about it. UCF our major hurdle, but the playoff committee is going to take a very hard look at them if they go undefeated. That school has political pull behind the scenes. So, who else would we have to pass? South Florida, but they are going to get beat at least once, probably twice. Cincy has another loss in them. San Diego State could be a contender.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Haralson, GA
    Posts
    349

    Default Re: Access Bowl

    Not a chance.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Access Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Time to start legitamitely thinking about it. UCF our major hurdle, but the playoff committee is going to take a very hard look at them if they go undefeated. That school has political pull behind the scenes. So, who else would we have to pass? South Florida, but they are going to get beat at least once, probably twice. Cincy has another loss in them. San Diego State could be a contender.
    You still owe me money
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  4. Default Re: Access Bowl

    no Way sbc puts a team in

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    445

    Default Re: Access Bowl

    He is not wrong folks. We have a legitimate chance this year. It's a perfect storm. It's way App was ranked. The Sunbelt has done very well with OOC play this year and as a result the conference, especially the east, has the numbers to have a team make a run. Beating a ranked team by 20 is a better win than UCF or USF has had all year.

    We are legit. We are in the conversation. Get use to it.

  6. Default Re: Access Bowl

    We should be thinking ULM. The rest will take care of itself.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Access Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdoc91 View Post
    He is not wrong folks. We have a legitimate chance this year. It's a perfect storm. It's way App was ranked. The Sunbelt has done very well with OOC play this year and as a result the conference, especially the east, has the numbers to have a team make a run. Beating a ranked team by 20 is a better win than UCF or USF has had all year.

    We are legit. We are in the conversation. Get use to it.
    At least fun to think about. Something else fun to think about..... Generally speaking regarding current personnel, recruiting, coaches, implementation, system ingraining, etc......is it possible this may be the worst team GS fields for the next three years?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Access Bowl

    If we win out and if Houston wins the AAC championship...it could get interesting.

    But don't forget about Fresno State and Utah State over in the Mountain West. At this point I'd be thrilled to win out and finish ranked. That would completely blow people's preseason expectations out of the water.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    REgardling football Scheduling.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Access Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    If we win out and if Houston wins the AAC championship...it could get interesting.

    But don't forget about Fresno State and Utah State over in the Mountain West. At this point I'd be thrilled to win out and finish ranked. That would completely blow people's preseason expectations out of the water.
    Fresno State last week was getting lots of love from Herbsteet and his crew.

  10. Default Re: Access Bowl

    Say we win out but do not make the Access Bowl. So, then what? New Orleans??

    Are these the only options we would have?

    Arizona (Tucson): Mountain West vs Sun Belt
    Dollar General (Mobile): MAC vs Sun Belt
    New Orleans: Conference USA vs Sun Belt
    Cure (Orlando): American vs Sun Belt
    Camellia (Montgomery, Ala): MAC vs Sun Belt

    Class of '87
    BBA Finance
    Peachtree City, Ga.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 3rd February 2016, 10:47 PM
  2. The Great 2016 Access Bowl or Bust Smackfest!
    By eagle#58 in forum TALON Talk
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 21st January 2016, 05:27 PM
  3. NEW YEARS 6/ACCESS BOWL 2016
    By chrisgsu2003 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28th December 2015, 11:21 PM
  4. Access Bowl Top 25... #16. Georgia Southern
    By soar#417 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 19th October 2015, 04:56 AM
  5. Question regarding Access Bowl
    By Touchdown in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 14th November 2014, 12:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •