TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mexico State Score Prediction

1. Default Re: New Mexico State Score Prediction

NMSU has only held one team below 29 points and that was 0-6 UTEP. I think the coaches have any kinks from last week worked out and we finally dominate on both sides of the ball. GS 42- NMSU 17.

Default Re: New Mexico State Score Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Noticed this as well. We gave up on the perimeter and tried inside zone, wham, and trap. Only speedy LaRoche had much success. Rest of the backs struggled finding creases. Fields is very hit or miss in that area.
    I think we could help out OL, by using "Speedy" a little more as he seems to hit the hole quicker, while a major improvement over the TS Error, I still believe we run the offense too deep and too slow. I think we beat NMSU in another slugfest that will drive the board nutz again. Eagles 24-17 in front of 13001 Danny Gambinos and there will be 57 Casa de Auto Commercials.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Eagle Blue View Post
    NMSU has only held one team below 29 points and that was 0-6 UTEP. I think the coaches have any kinks from last week worked out and we finally dominate on both sides of the ball. GS 42- NMSU 17.
    You know good and well they'll hold us below 29...because Georgia Southern. We'll still win, but we'll make NMSU's defense look amazing in the process.

This is the worst team left on our schedule, so we need to bow up and play our best game to secure this 6th win. I don't want to see any bull**** next Saturday.
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; 14th October 2018 at 05:53 PM.

The run a 3-4 D and are 260 DE, 333 NG and 310 DT on the defensive line. That's a lot of beef to plug up that IZ play. Hopefully we'll have an answer. TX State provided a blueprint for upcoming defenses. Not sure that NMSU has the horses at LB like TX State did. Fingers crossed we can get the O clicking. They run a spread option offense, so we've seen that before on D. Just want to get there, take care of business and get back home. NMSU can put up some points and you can bet that their coach is gunning for GS and I'm not predicting a blowout. Hope I'm wrong and the Eagles roll. Don't forget that they've seen the DeBesse offense before sine they play New Mexico every year.

5. Default Re: New Mexico State Score Prediction

NM beat NMSU in all but the last 2 games of DeBesse's tenure, and those losses were by 1 or 2 points. NM had a 3 game losing streak (longest in 50+years) until DeBesse arrived. I like our chances.

6. Default Re: New Mexico State Score Prediction

I’m hoping that we can hang a South Alabama score on them. Even if DeBesse was being sly and holding the offense down for TXST to give App less film, there’s no reason to do it again for NMSU. Both app and us have a 4 day turn around so it won’t make much of a difference.

42-24 GS

New Mexico State's defense has been a big question mark all year. Last week (prior to ULL game) they lost a starting defensive lineman and safety for the year due to injuries. The results were what I watched Saturday- giving up almost 800 yards of offense to ULL. We'll put up some points in this one- I promise.

36-21 Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    We run like 10-15 scripted plays to start the game. Based on how teams defend those plays, we go all in on a particular gameplan. Texas State threw a lot of different looks at us on the outside and took that portion of the option away, so we emptied the box (lots of one-back sets) and ran lots of inside zone. When the running backs hit the holes, we gashed them pretty well. When the running backs missed the holes, we gained less than 2 yards and looked "vanilla".
    There needs to be more of a realization of this across our fanbase. We've scored a whopping zero points on our six offensive drives to start our six games. The first drive is always scripted- then the rest of the game is determined off of how the defense looks against the first series.

Ga. Sou. 45 - NMSU 21 win it get home safe. Get ahead and give Anthony some Reps.
    "If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”
    Tom Krause
    "If the plan doesn't work, then change the plan, NOT the GOAL!" Anon.