TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mexico State Score Prediction

Default New Mexico State Score Prediction

After a close game last week, I hope we are able to score some more points. NMSU hasn’t been doing too well with defending the run, and our defense has been great all year.

31-13 Eagles

2. Default Re: New Mexico State Score Prediction

Long road trip, and DeBesse will keep the offense vanilla.

24-13 Eagles

3. Default Re: New Mexico State Score Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post

24-13 Eagles
    Agree

4. Default Re: New Mexico State Score Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post

24-13 Eagles
    When does keeping the offense “Vanilla” start to hurt us? Are we saving ourselves for APP? Seems Last weeks poor (Offensive) performance may change that; I hope.

42-7 we open things up and get the travel blues out our system. And start priming for a showdown with APPY.

Default Re: New Mexico State Score Prediction

Isn't our entire offense vanilla by design?

GS 31
    NMSU 14
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

You guys are killing me with this idea that we are holding back the playbook for App State. The offense IS Vanilla. Debesse doesn't have to KEEP it Vanilla.

We're not reinventing the wheel here. Most of our problems stem from the fact that we're not super talented (especially at O line) and at times our playcalling is very conservative.

There's nothing else in the playbook gang. We just make small tweaks from week to week.

We need to execute at a higher level. We don't need more plays. I already think we do too much personally.

7. Default Re: New Mexico State Score Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    You guys are killing me with this idea that we are holding back the playbook for App State. The offense IS Vanilla. Debesse doesn't have to KEEP it Vanilla.

We're not reinventing the wheel here. Most of our problems stem from the fact that we're not super talented (especially at O line) and at times our playcalling is very conservative.

There's nothing else in the playbook gang. We just make small tweaks from week to week.

We need to execute at a higher level. We don't need more plays. I already think we do too much personally.
    I agree to an extent. Offensive line play needs to be addressed. As far as Vanilla, I feel we are mire conservative than just not a dynamic offense. Seems week to week we use our personal differently and switch things up too much. Just seems to be too intentional at times. And it all could be the signs of a 3rd offensive coordinator in 4 years. But I do feel like the TXST game and NMSU game both have/had trap game written all over them due to travel, fast start, over confidence, not playing at either one well at all, and App Hate week.

Hopefully last week was a eye opener and we can address some needs on offense and our discipline that seems to be falling off lately...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

yep, we can drop the vanilla talk. What you've been seeing is our offense. It's all about execution/blocking. Maybe one or two more trick plays but what you see is what you get.

23-17 GS becomes Bowl Eligible!(after a 5-7, 2-10 season).

I feel we always struggle against NM State, especially there. Play calling doesn’t matter as king as we execute properly. 27-17 good guys