TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 838485

Thread: Georgia Southern vs. Texas State Game Thread

Default Re: Georgia Southern vs. Texas State Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Army Eagle View Post
    Yeah, I said that a few pages back when it happened... I'm suggesting to use him more as a receiving threat since he has shown to be pretty good at actually catching passes over the years. He has always had issues with taking his eyes off pitches for whatever reason, he did it several times last year. Basically I just don't think his running style fits with how we're trying to use him, so I'd rather try him at another spot if possible but at this point it probably IWII.
    He's more of a traditional tailback, he's not really the type of guy that's cut out for the type of IZ we're running. Guys like Breida and LaRoche have that ability to cut and explode with speed, which is what you need in some of the lanes we'll open at times. We also seem to be having issues seeing the correct lanes at times, and it's not just one RB that's having issues with it.

Fields has been really good when he's been out to catch passes though. He's only dropped a couple of them that's come his way his entire career. I wonder what would happen if we moved him to slot.

Honestly, I think we could move him to TE/cruiser and make some really good progress. That leaves the possibility of getting him the ball in the passing game too.

I as hoping to see 2 and 36 run the option. I think they run it a step quicker, which would help our OL. Yes, I still think we run the Option to deep and slow, HUGE improvement over the TS Error, but still to slow and deep.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    I as hoping to see 2 and 36 run the option. I think they run it a step quicker, which would help our OL. Yes, I still think we run the Option to deep and slow, HUGE improvement over the TS Error, but still to slow and deep.
    It's slow cause our guys aren't as fast we're used to seeing. I do agree that LaRoche hits the line a bit faster. Who's 2?

The dive in this offense is wider, so it adjusts the angles to match the difference in the gun. Part of the problem right now is we're not executing better than the defenses we're playing against consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    It's slow cause our guys aren't as fast we're used to seeing. I do agree that LaRoche hits the line a bit faster. Who's 2?

The dive in this offense is wider, so it adjusts the angles to match the difference in the gun. Part of the problem right now is we're not executing better than the defenses we're playing against consistently.
    2 is LaBaron

all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about the offense...looks like the Coaches agreed...no Offensive Player of the week. Two D and one Special Teams...unless I'm missing something.

Took a while to make my mind up about this game but after going back and watching the film several times it looks like there were so many plays where our offense just lacked a half yard or yard to convert on 3rd down which would have extended the drive and the game would be completely different in many ways. I'm not making up excuses but with the option offense, it is all about getting 4 yards over and over with a gash on the outside here and there etc. If we get the extra yard here and there and also some connections on the passing game then this would have been a 20 point margin in the victory. A lot can be analyzed after a game but it is clear that this offense is not that bad just a little flat on a short week and I know we will bounce back hard this week with extra time to focus on the mistakes. Thank you for another strong defensive performance! GATA

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    2 is LaBaron
    I feel dumb. I knew that but just didn't register.

8. Default Re: Georgia Southern vs. Texas State Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kappazeta View Post
    Took a while to make my mind up about this game but after going back and watching the film several times it looks like there were so many plays where our offense just lacked a half yard or yard to convert on 3rd down which would have extended the drive and the game would be completely different in many ways. I'm not making up excuses but with the option offense, it is all about getting 4 yards over and over with a gash on the outside here and there etc. If we get the extra yard here and there and also some connections on the passing game then this would have been a 20 point margin in the victory. A lot can be analyzed after a game but it is clear that this offense is not that bad just a little flat on a short week and I know we will bounce back hard this week with extra time to focus on the mistakes. Thank you for another strong defensive performance! GATA
    You are probably right.

It’s just frustrating to see so many little things keep adding up. A couple of those short yards were due to routes run slightly too short and that sort of thing takes experience I guess.

Hopefully this next game will go as well as most of the others have and will give us some timing and confidence before App.

It seems like we have the potential to be really good just looking at the game a different way...We were spoiled for a while and living the dream of a team that had our faith...then the dark season...now it will take the fanbase time to adjust to something we all know is going in the right direction. Heck we win this week and upset APP at home and we are back but if we win this week lose 1 or 2 more games and we can all agree we are ahead of schedule in more than one way! Nothing wrong with a fanbase that expects greatness that is what I love about GSU!

Just saw this this AM. Texas State is 4th in SB in defensive POINTS Allowed. Appy 1, GS 2, Troy 3, and Texas State. Just saying.