TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paulson and Alcohol

Default Paulson and Alcohol

I Tried to find a thread on this but was unsuccessful. Just curious, why is GS so hesitant to approve the sale of alcohol inside the stadium? I can't help but think it would be a win win for the university. A huge increase in revenue from concessions and a very likely increase in attendance. I know so many people who never go inside the stadium to watch the game. Instead, they'll listen on radio and tailgate. If GS is going to increase attendance, there are things that they can do to help with that. Obviously, a winning product on the field is most important, but game day experience is another. Sell the freaking alcohol! It'll bring more students to the game and more fans out of the parking lot.

Default Re: Paulson and Alcohol

Because then who would donate $1200 the beer garden and then whatever it costs per seat? Anyone else besides Troy sell beer in the conference? Not sure but I assume Gag St does at Turner Field.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Because then who would donate $1200 the beer garden and then whatever it costs per seat? Anyone else besides Troy sell beer in the conference? Not sure but I assume Gag St does at Turner Field.
    Gag definitely does. I think USA does as well. They did during our bowl game anyway. Not sure of anyone else though

Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    Gag definitely does. I think USA does as well. They did during our bowl game anyway. Not sure of anyone else though
    Troy and USA do
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post

Ok thanks.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

We can’t serve alcohol because Southern Boosters (now AF) gave the stadium to the BOR.

Bible Belt ish. Backwards mentality keeping Statesboro in the Stone Age.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Bible Belt ish. Backwards mentality keeping Statesboro in the Stone Age.
    Nothing to do with Bible belt. Thanks for your attempt to politicize the post though. There are many teams in the Bible Belt that serves alcohol. Definitely more to the story than that.

9. Default Re: Paulson and Alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Oh yeah... USA, Troy, TXST, UL and ULM all sell beer in concessions, as well UTA (Baseball & basketball) and NMSU. I am sure some others do, too, but I have not been there.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Oh yeah... USA, Troy, TXST, UL, ULM as well UTA (Baseball & basketball) and NMSU all sell beer in concessions. I am sure some others do, too, but I have not been there.
    I just think as a team still trying to win fans over, all efforts should be made to get buts in the seats. I just don't see the downside of selling alcohol.