TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gag State v UL Monroe

Default Gag State v UL Monroe

Has anyone watched the film on that game. What’s the report? Did Ga State “find something” or did Monroe fall over itself?

Default Re: Gag State v UL Monroe

State has good talent at the skill positions and is pretty explosive.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

ULM is a notoriously flaky team. They beat a pretty good USM team and barely beat a medicore (at best) FCS team. They were down something like 35-0 to Troy in the first half and then ULM almost came back and almost beat them. I wouldn't try to draw any conclusions about either team right now.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

4. Default Re: Gag State v UL Monroe

Here's all the times Georgia State has run for 5+ yards per carry since 2013:

2014 vs Texas State - 27 carries for 160 yards (5.93 ypc)
    2016 vs Texas State - 37 carries for 196 yards (5.30 ypc)
    2017 vs UL-Monroe - 41 carries for 224 yards (5.46 ypc)
    2018 vs UL-Monroe - 56 carries for 308 yards (5.50 ypc)

Notice a pattern?

This play accounted for 82 of those 308 yards. I'll let you decide whether this is a good play by GaSt or terrible defense by ULM:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=24835350

For the last 3 years all I've heard is look out for ULM, ULM stinks. GagState has a QB that once you apply pressure he folds like a cheap suit. There are only 2 teams that worry me for the remainder of the season and they are Troy and Appy, the rest are pretenders. The big issue is are WE for real or are we in that group of pretenders?

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    For the last 3 years all I've heard is look out for ULM, ULM stinks. GagState has a QB that once you apply pressure he folds like a cheap suit. There are only 2 teams that worry me for the remainder of the season and they are Troy and Appy, the rest are pretenders. The big issue is are WE for real or are we in that group of pretenders?
    We've been pretty consistent thus far, and have looked better each game. Dominated our FCS and OOC G5 opponents, kept Clemson in check until late in the 4th, and just beat a conference foe at home who is still ranked ahead of us in most statistical ranking systems (FPI, Massey, S&P+). Hard to ask for much more than that. We may not be able to beat App or Troy, but I have little doubt at this point that we will be bowling come late December.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    We've been pretty consistent thus far, and have looked better each game. Dominated our FCS and OOC G5 opponents, kept Clemson in check until late in the 4th, and just beat a conference foe at home who is still ranked ahead of us in most statistical ranking systems (FPI, Massey, S&P+). Hard to ask for much more than that. We may not be able to beat App or Troy, but I have little doubt at this point that we will be bowling come late December.
    thats my point. If we play like we have been playing, improving each week, showing up focused IMO there are only 2 teams in this Conferance that honestly has a chance at beating us, Troy and Appy. The rest of them, I'm sorry no way should we lose to them. Now crazy things could happen but............our next 3 opponents rank at the BOTTOM of FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    thats my point. If we play like we have been playing, improving each week, showing up focused IMO there are only 2 teams in this Conferance that honestly has a chance at beating us, Troy and Appy. The rest of them, I'm sorry no way should we lose to them. Now crazy things could happen but............our next 3 opponents rank at the BOTTOM of FBS.
    I'm with you on this. The only thing that concerns me in the next stretch is the back to back road trips across the country. I'm interested to see how we play in those, but both games are against teams that we need to handle. Go into the App game at 6-1 and then GATA.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    I'm with you on this. The only thing that concerns me in the next stretch is the back to back road trips across the country. I'm interested to see how we play in those, but both games are against teams that we need to handle. Go into the App game at 6-1 and then GATA.
    That be the plan Walt(smile).

This season really is going to be fun.