TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How is attendance shaping up from South Al game?

1. Default Re: How is attendance shaping up from South Al game?

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    So, there’s an ESPN story out tonight where Saban is calling out Bama students for not showing up to games. Maybe, they’re rooting for the Dawgs too.

Honestly, I think students are different these days. They are face first into a phone the majority of their waking hours. I think being in a stadium with WiFi issues for several hours seriously “harshes their melon”.

Add the ease at which I can watch a game in the comfort of my own home and there you go. I can’t even make it to the highway 7 miles away cheaper than one month of ESPN+. There’s a lot of factors and attendance is down in a lot of places.

I think it’s more a factor of the fact that we have some students who haven’t been able to experience winning.

Last weekend was absolutely wonderful! I sure didn’t see many folks darting out of that game early. Students are finally getting to see what Paulson can be like!

Social media is definitely a huge thing to these kids. They want a shot on instagram at a winning game-or in front of a TV at a winning game party. Keep winning-and their attendance will keep increasing!

-Come on guys, this is what we were praying for! We have coaches to know what they are doing-we have players who are on fire. Don’t worry, attendance will catch up!!

Default Re: How is attendance shaping up from South Al game?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I did not ask.
    Now I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Guys......

Really.

I often get called a ‘pessimist,’ but jeez-this kind of thread really makes me wonder if some of y’all are just searching for anything and everything to be angry about.

There are several factors affecting attendance. Probably the biggest being that ThUGA is having a good year (not tough, considering their schedule) and some people are throwing parties or attending them.

We are actually getting everything we have been praying for. Awesome staff, very talented players, and we’re off to a much better start than anyone expected.

Be grateful for that! We are coming back! Attendance will follow!!

If the rest of the season goes anything like this part has, we will not have attendance issues for long!!

(Seriously, folks. Be grateful and happy that we aren’t staring down the barrel of another bad hire.)
    The biggest factor is NOT that thUGA is having a good year. It's a small factor at best. That is simply not it. The biggest factor is the losing the last 2 years. Say it slowly... WINNING .......CHANGES....... EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    The biggest factor is NOT that thUGA is having a good year. It's a small factor at best. That is simply not it. The biggest factor is the losing the last 2 years. Say it slowly... WINNING .......CHANGES....... EVERYTHING.
    Plus Won.

Just look at Troy's attendance the last 5 seasons for an example of that.

Though I think GSUFF has a point. You can usually predict attendance within 1,000 knowing how many tickets are sold.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I think it’s more a factor of the fact that we have some students who haven’t been able to experience winning.

Last weekend was absolutely wonderful! I sure didn’t see many folks darting out of that game early. Students are finally getting to see what Paulson can be like!

Social media is definitely a huge thing to these kids. They want a shot on instagram at a winning game-or in front of a TV at a winning game party. Keep winning-and their attendance will keep increasing!

-Come on guys, this is what we were praying for! We have coaches to know what they are doing-we have players who are on fire. Don’t worry, attendance will catch up!!
    I agree with the winning piece. That will cure a lot of issues. However, it’s looking like this season is going to have to be the “show me” year and maybe we reap the benefits next season.

6. Default Re: How is attendance shaping up from South Al game?

Luckily for us, after this weekend, we will have 2 road games that hopefully we can rattle off some wins. If we can win all three of these games, we'll have a 6-1 team headed to play a monster App State at home with our only loss being to #2 Clemson. That will for sure increase attendance. We won't be competing against UGA games for attention that day either.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    We won't be competing against UGA games for attention that day either.
    Unfortunately we may lose some eyeballs from TVs because Georgia Tech also plays that Thursday night up in Blacksburg.

8. Default Re: How is attendance shaping up from South Al game?

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    You care to take a friendly wager on this? I love GS but I'm telling you right now, we will never fill this stadium consistently as long as UGA is winning. 2014 and 2015 weren't very good years for them and we had a great product and still couldn't put 25k consistently. Statesboro has a population of maybe 50k-60k and your talking basically half the town going to the game and that aint happening. Heck we can't get half the students there.

Win and they will come!!

There is absolutely no correlation between UGA winning and GS attendance. None. Zero.

Our attendance has everything to do with the quality of OUR team and OUR opponents.

Another factor is that it's 2018 and people can easily watch our game on their phone while on the toilet.

Our ESPN/TV coverage is a gift and a curse. I can guarantee you that attendance across all CFB is probably down (on average).

I could easily stay home in Columbia, SC and watch us play on my TV while flipping back and forth with other great games. U didn't have that option in 2003.
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; 4th October 2018 at 10:09 AM.