TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we dare?

Default Do we dare?

I know I’ve met a handful of posters from gsufans in person, usually randomly, but has there ever been an attempt to semi-organize a meet up at a game for all who would come?

I haven’t thought it through . . . could be interesting or it could be a disaster! Perhaps it would spoil some of the ‘mental images’ we’ve subconsciously created for each other.

For the record, I’m perpetually mid-30’s, 6’3”, chiseled from stone and devastatingly handsome.

Default Re: Do we dare?

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I know I’ve met a handful of posters from gsufans in person, usually randomly, but has there ever been an attempt to semi-organize a meet up at a game for all who would come?

I haven’t thought it through . . . could be interesting or it could be a disaster! Perhaps it would spoil some of the ‘mental images’ we’ve subconsciously created for each other.

For the record, I’m perpetually mid-30’s, 6’3”, chiseled from stone and devastatingly handsome.
    Things have changed since last time I saw you.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

It's been done unofficially in the past. E22 always opens his tailgates to everyone. Pretty much everyone here who has a tailgate opens them to everyone.

There was a huge concert at E22's tailgate once. Those in attendance were sworn to secrecy and it is highly doubtful there will ever be anything as epic ever again. The list of celebrities was long... live bands and an appearance from Elvis himself who proved he was not dead...

I've already said too much. Pleae don't send the MIB. If you don't hear from m.... they're here... I have to go hid...
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

The original meet up was the Red Flag gang. The dad of a player, oneyedeagle I think was his handle. I think the player's name was Justin Wright, on the OL if memory serves me right. Obviously a GATA, GS, GSU, American flag is too common. So it became a red flag to stand out.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    It's been done unofficially in the past. E22 always opens his tailgates to everyone. Pretty much everyone here who has a tailgate opens them to everyone.

There was a huge concert at E22's tailgate once. Those in attendance were sworn to secrecy and it is highly doubtful there will ever be anything as epic ever again. The list of celebrities was long... live bands and an appearance from Elvis himself who proved he was not dead...

I've already said too much. Pleae don't send the MIB. If you don't hear from m.... they're here... I have to go hid...
    Actually, I captured this on my cell phone and it wasn't all you said it was. I'm going to dig it up 36 years from now and have your SS benefits denied...

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Things have changed since last time I saw you.
    Vitamins! I swear by 'em!

I'm sure many who know each other drop in on each other's tailgate, but just thought it might be interesting to designate a game (homecoming?) and a spot & time for everyone to drop in for a quick meet & greet. I realize it could spoil things, though, in the way of some of the vigorous rivalries between some on here. It might take the fun out of arguing with a person once their real life situation doesn't match your mental avatar for them.

I'd stop by if it were to happen.

Vitamins! I swear by 'em!

I'm sure many who know each other drop in on each other's tailgate, but just thought it might be interesting to designate a game (homecoming?) and a spot & time for everyone to drop in for a quick meet & greet. I realize it could spoil things, though, in the way of some of the vigorous rivalries between some on here. It might take the fun out of arguing with a person once their real life situation doesn't match your mental avatar for them.

I'd stop by if it were to happen.
    Feel free to drop by and see Oldfart, Stonewall, me, and others at our tailgate near the Performing Arts Center. We should be rolling hard by 12 with a DJ and some live music at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Feel free to drop by and see Oldfart, Stonewall, me, and others at our tailgate near the Performing Arts Center. We should be rolling hard by 12 with a DJ and some live music at some point.
    Are Gents right next to the road with 2-3 tents?
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

There was a time before the "snow got to heavy", a group of us on here, met at Erk's bust for a after game cigar.

my God.