TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How are ticket sales going for UMass game?

Default Re: How are ticket sales going for UMass game?

My wife and I are planning to be at Ark State (if we can find a sitter), and if not, then Iíll be there by myself!!

I have two small kids, so a late game (6pm kickoff) makes it impossible to attend with the kids. They typically are in bed by 8-830, so dragging them out to a game and keeping them way up past their bedtime really causes some long term consequences that itís easier to avoid. That, plus the additional costs of the tickets, food, gas, etc make it an easy (but difficult) decision to watch at home. Not trying to make an excuse, but thatís reality for me and probably many other younger alumni who have families. I never missed games until I had kids, and even with 1 kid I could come pretty regularly. 2 kids is a game changer though. Once they get older where they can enjoy the game, you can count us in for most saturdays!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Face facts, the attendance for first 2 games has been pitiful. It's a shame, lots of folks missed a very solid GS football game last night.
    This right here. I was appalled by the attendence last night. We are Georgia Southern... Our regional scope grew with the addition of GS Savannah campus. 15k is an embarrassment. Anyone who considers themselves True Blue better find a way to the a Arkansas State game... Or risk having your card pulled.
    Jarad B Brown
    C/O 2006
    Savannah GA

It seems the self-imposed death penalty the PTB laid in us two seasons ago has cost us at least 6-8 thousand fans. We need to be thankful there’s still 15k willIng to show up.

Sat on the press box side last week and on student side this week. I’m curious to know from someone who can compare the press box side this week vs last week, because when I was over there for week 1 it sure felt more full than it looked like from the other side in week 2. Curious as to the same question for how the student side looked from anyone who viewed it both weeks for comparison.

Press box side was pretty sad looking, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Sat on the press box side last week and on student side this week. I’m curious to know from someone who can compare the press box side this week vs last week, because when I was over there for week 1 it sure felt more full than it looked like from the other side in week 2. Curious as to the same question for how the student side looked from anyone who viewed it both weeks for comparison.

Press box side was pretty sad looking, indeed.
    lots of empty seats both games in SecE.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Face facts, the attendance for first 2 games has been pitiful. It's a shame, lots of folks missed a very solid GS football game last night.
    But they didn't miss it, that's the problem. You can relax and view HD in comfort, or have your ears blasted out with hip-hop and ads continually. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see a continued drop-off in older fans. The "powers that be" have turned a proverbial deaf ear to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    But they didn't miss it, that's the problem. You can relax and view HD in comfort, or have your ears blasted out with hip-hop and ads continually. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see a continued drop-off in older fans. The "powers that be" have turned a proverbial deaf ear to them.
    I have to give them credit. From my seat it was much better; I could talk and hear while it was playing this week.

The PA was much better last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    your first point is already known by our AD and AD's around the country, with ALL the availability to watch a game on TV/mobile gadgets we will continue to see gradual decline in attendance(which is happening around country, not JUST GS). That is why these TV contracts are so important while finding other ways to make money to make up for declining attendance numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown0023 View Post
    This right here. I was appalled by the attendence last night. We are Georgia Southern... Our regional scope grew with the addition of GS Savannah campus. 15k is an embarrassment. Anyone who considers themselves True Blue better find a way to the a Arkansas State game... Or risk having your card pulled.
    When will they announce the game time for arky state?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1