TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fanfest Scrimmage Thread

Default Re: Fanfest Scrimmage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I think we should see that kind of discipline under again Lunsford. The first six games of the year last year we averaged 7.5 penalties a game for 68.5 per game. That number is pretty skewed because we only had 8 penalties combined the first two games. After Lunsford took over Georgia Southern had 5.3 penalties per game giving up an average of 39.5 yards a game. That number is skewed by the Georgia State game where the Eagles had 8 penalties. That was the only time in the last six games Georgia Southern had more than five penalties.
    Pre-snap penalties and post snap penalties or a big emphasis of this coaching staff. They talked about it repeatedly while we were observing during the lifestyle experience.

So how was caravan and fanfest?

Any notes on the scrimmage?

exactly..... What's going on down there?

Yeah!

6. Default Re: Fanfest Scrimmage Thread

A couple of good runs/throws, but the Defense looks better than the offense right now.

I don't think I've ever gone to a single scrimmage where the offense looked any good. No that I can remember.

Any standouts? Players!

Werts looks much more comfortable in the pocket and throwing. Obe Fortune made GREAT catch from Werts for 16 yards. Not one explosive run play. Anthony is #2, Cato #3. Minimal pass rush but with a 3-4 I'm sure we will see blitz packages. Lots of short passes to the flat(which concerns me, team could "dink and dunk" us). Couple other kids made some nice catches but I'm not seeing any "homerun" hitters at wide receiver. RB's all look the same. Nothing thrown or attempted deep. We will just have to wait and see. Only ONE false start. Nothing I saw today made me say "YES!, now that's what I'm talking about." We may be throwing the ball more than I thought we would, guys were getting open for the short to medium range and again, Werts looked real comfortable in the pocket(like night and day compared to last season).

Interesting that the 2nd and 3rd string QBs are both seniors. Those other guys better be ready to rock next year.