TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 'Matching Gift Challenge'

Default Re: 'Matching Gift Challenge'

Put a few drops in the bucket last night.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

2. Default Re: 'Matching Gift Challenge'

Setup my monthly draw today.

In honor of our 28th AP Ranking, let's see if we can get a few $28 donations (or $14 and matched to make $28).

Here we are at the end of our regular season with a win against Georgia State in Paulson Stadium North.
    We need to come together to make sure we keep this coach, his staff and the ability to recruit successful players.
    Donate to the Coaches' Continuity Fund and have it matched at GSEagles.com/Match.

Do you need help setting up your monthly draw?

Quote Originally Posted by gsueagle2424 View Post
    Setup my monthly draw today.

$35.14 for beating gag?

What’s the total for the year using that method?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    $35.14 for beating gag?

What’s the total for the year using that method?
    If I added correctly, $321.96 (only counting the wins)

SC State: 37-6
    UMass: 34-13
    Arkansas State: 28-21
    South Alabama: 48-13
    Texas State: 15-13
    New Mexico St: 48-31
    App State: 34-14
    Coastal Carolina: 41-17
    Georgia State: 35-14

Over 1 year in and we’re at 44%.

THIS is why we can’t have nice things. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Over 1 year in and we’re at 44%.

THIS is why we can’t have nice things. Literally.
    Pretty much.....

It seems we have more fans complaining about why they won't give than those that actually give. They'll buy 10 Starbucks coffees a week, but won't set aside $10/Month for even the lowest donation.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

The problem isn't the fans. The problem is the lack of fans. There's only going to be a small percentage of any fan base that gives and that doesn't change a whole lot. UGA draws five times as many people to a spring game as GS did to the highest attended game in school history, or 50 times as many as a spring game. If only 1-2% of each base donates, well.....one looks terrible in comparison when the money is added up. Best friend from home is a UGA alumnus that is a CFO, gets UGA season tickets every year, and organizes at least one big tailgate every year (which I politely decline to attend) but doesn't give a dime as a donor.....ever. There's nothing special about their fan base, there's just too damn many of them.

I love GS but GS is small time. It will take continued winning to bring more fans on board, and it'll still be only one or two givers out of every new 100 fans. Sure there's the good season feel good once and dones but there's the pouty "no one from athletics stroked me so I'm done" to cancel them out. Can't really expect more of the existing fan base to step up continuously because it just doesn't happen. Would be nice though.

Take out three families and it's under $90k given by the rest so far. Every bit is appreciated. Even the smallest givers are doing something the vast majority of fans are not.

I've got to put down herbicide this fall. One bag treats 2000 square feet and has about 1% active ingredient. I need to treat at least ten times that much grass. Now I reckon I can go cheap and spread that one bag out and scream at it and say most of the bag isn't doing anything, and I can beg it to treat the whole yard. I might call the manufacturer and ask why I'm paying for 99% inactive carrier. In the end I imagine I'm gonna have to get ten more bags though.