TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basketball senior night - framed jerseys

Default Basketball senior night - framed jerseys

I can’t do the fancy embedding and what not, but why are we one jersey short here? Anyone know the story behind this?

https://twitter.com/gsathletics_mbb/...110349824?s=21
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Default Re: Basketball senior night - framed jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    I can’t do the fancy embedding and what not, but why are we one jersey short here? Anyone know the story behind this?

https://twitter.com/gsathletics_mbb/...110349824?s=21
    good question, my guess is that's it's because he was a walk on

My guess is that Tione's jersey doesn't have his last name on it.

I noticed that 3 or 4 of our players last year didn't have their last names on their jerseys.

I'm not a fan of that at all, but maybe there is a good reason. That said, I'd rather have a photo of me shooting a shot off the floor in a game than a framed jersey.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post

I noticed that 3 or 4 of our players last year didn't have their last names on their jerseys.

I'm not a fan of that at all, but maybe there is a good reason. That said, I'd rather have a photo of me shooting a shot off the floor in a game than a framed jersey.
    Rampant, unsubstantiated speculation here, but my wild guess is that companies like Nike and Adidas could be vain enough to only supply jerseys with names to scholarship players.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

5. Default Re: Basketball senior night - framed jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    Rampant, unsubstantiated speculation here, but my wild guess is that companies like Nike and Adidas could be vain enough to only supply jerseys with names to scholarship players.
    Maybe it is a Lettermen thing? Or, maybe they have a choice? I really hope it is not because our merchandiser would not provide it. If so, somebody should have bought one jersey, put his name on it and thrown it into a frame for the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post

Yep, the walkons do not have their name on their jerseys. I agree, a framed photo of me shooting a shot in a game would be sweeter than a framed jersey.

Additional rampant speculation...'

It could be that the team realized that a nameless jersey wouldn't be the best sending off present, so they went out of their way to give him something memorable.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Ryan Chambers tweeted at Adidas to get him a jersey with his name on it.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I'm surprised that someone in the basketball office or equipment office didn't just put his name on it and frame it. I somehow doubt that Adidas is the one putting the names on the back of the jerseys, wouldn't that fall on our equipment staff? I like the "picture from a game" idea, but to be the odd man out in a ceremony like that would inhale vigorously.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

The names on the jerseys are printed on. they aren't separate letters or nameplates that are sewn onto the jersey. And - to my knowledge - the equipment guys don't have a screen printer, so I'd guess that our jersey came as they are from the manufacturer.