TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Website updates

Default Website updates

I cannot comment with certainty, on the implementation timeline ... but the following decision has been made:

We will be updating the board to a vBulletin version 5 upgrade, and at that time we will also be revamping the design and look of the site. In essence, a complete overhaul. The plan now will be to eventually leave the existing board archived in a perpetual frozen state, only upgrading code when necessary but closed to new registrations. We'll port over existing users to the new database.

Rather than move along incrementally, we will be building it 'away' from here for the time being and will then transition to the new site at the appropriate time.

We will also be moving to Tapatalk OR using the vBulletin branded mobile version of the site. That determination has not been made, but in either case there will be a solution in place to handle mobile access and it should have little to no cost to the end user. The latest site upgrade to vBulletin (version 4.5.2) killed off the remaining functionality that existed with ForumRunner, which hadn't been updated since vBulletin bought them (probably to 'urge' users to convert to the vBulletin mobile version).

At this point we are not asking for any other 'requests' only due to the fact that getting to the point of launching a new (and hopefully improved) website and experience will already keep us very occupied. Once we go 'live' we will at that point begin to work on tweaking the site to whatever glitches and drawbacks we discover.

Thanks,

Paul
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Default Re: Website updates

Tonight, we're planning on having another 2 hr or so downtime while we back up the database in preparation for the move.

Just an FYI.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

The Statesboro Herald link at the top of the page is dead.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Thx, guess they never renewed their domain.

Any update on when the new board will be up and running?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Any update on when the new board will be up and running?
    I'm hoping the end of July 2018. New job, blah blah blah .. I finally have weekends off after 30 years of not, and the honey-do list has been immense.

I've got a week at the beach upcoming in July, I'll probably tinker around with it before then and coordinate w/ Klak. I'd like to do something before football season kicks off but we'll just have to see. As soon as I started my new job, our CEO had resigned 3 days prior so I've spent most of the last 4 months covering all of the clinical projects he was involved in, plus learning 10 new departments and doing that job. Haven't been on the board much, haven't been at home much.

I'd like to do TapaTalk before then, but there are some details to work out prior to committing to a particular setup w/ them.
    Last edited by Eagle22; 16th May 2018 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    I've got a week at the beach upcoming in July,.
    Me too.....if you're going to Tybee, look for me at Bernie's eating oysters. Got a house rented from July 12 for a week. I'll be there every day, I assure you.