TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles in the NFL Thread

1. Default Re: Eagles in the NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    He was academically ineligible because the threshold is much higher for graduate students. According to Lunsford at the postgame press conference, he made two bs and one high c but to be eligible he had to have a b average.
    Oh well, unless he had a way of getting our offense some 1st downs, I’m not sure it matters.

Hopefully someone will give him a shot at the next level.

2. Default Re: Eagles in the NFL Thread

He was academically ineligible because the threshold is much higher for graduate students. According to Lunsford at the postgame press conference, he made two bs and one high c but to be eligible he had to have a b average.
    That really blows.

An INT or a couple breakups could have swung that game.

May be better we lost that one in the long run though. Our offense needs serious attention. Maybe it will get fixed vs partying through an offseason like we did last year.

The second half of the Camelia bowl was sloppy as hell and we got away with one. Our offense looked awful throughout many games last season but those problems were mostly ignored due to the miraculous win.

Hard questions are being asked now. Problems are being solved (I hope.) Hopefully, we will look presentable on that side of the ball this season.

Default Re: Eagles in the NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    That really blows.

May be better we lost that one in the long run though. Our offense needs serious attention. Maybe it will get fixed vs partying through an offseason like we did last year.

The second half of the Camelia bowl was sloppy as hell and we got away with one. Our offense looked awful throughout many games last season but those problems were mostly ignored due to the miraculous win.

Hard questions are being asked now. Problems are being solved (I hope.) Hopefully, we will look presentable on that side of the ball this season.
    My guess is that when coaches watched the film from the bowl game, they would have seen the same problem regardless if the defense had found a way to win the game. I don’t think they get two sets of film to watch depending on the result.

Isn't a 3.0 the minimum for grad school? It was when my roommate got his MBA at GSU. I think that's standard practice everywhere from my understanding.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

5. Default Re: Eagles in the NFL Thread

My guess is that when coaches watched the film from the bowl game, they would have seen the same problem regardless if the defense had found a way to win the game. I don’t think they get two sets of film to watch depending on the result.

IDK.

I sure got the feeling during last offseason that this wasn’t being addressed.

Heard a whole lot of “10 wins” left and right, but we definitely came out unprepared. Regardless of Shai’s injury our first few games were very rough. We looked so bad.

Fortunately, the bad snaps and mist of the penalty stuff got fixed. The blocking looked bad all season. We could easily have ended with 4 wins.

6. Default Re: Eagles in the NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    That really blows.

We didn’t “party through the offseason” last year.

7. Default Re: Eagles in the NFL Thread

This may be a stupid question but has a GSU player ever been on a superbowl winning team?

Quote Originally Posted by Buskirk1414 View Post
    This may be a stupid question but has a GSU player ever been on a superbowl winning team?
    Fred Stokes. Playing for 49ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buskirk1414 View Post
    Earthwind Moreland with Patriots right?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    Fred Stokes. Playing for 49ers.
    Thought it was Stokes playing DE for Redskins

http://playerstrust.com/your-experiences/player-spotlight/fred-stokes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Stokes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CBNS3II8nCQ
    Last edited by eagle95; 19th January 2020 at 06:50 PM.