TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: People hitting the road

Default Re: People hitting the road

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Chris Barrett...not ringing a bell
    Big, supposedly athletic TE from Tampa area that we signed after FSU flipped Gabe Nabers in January.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Not just Barrett. RJ Merriweather, Jermany Hawkins, Tori Delesline, Ryan George (senior), Chaz Thornton, Ted Field, all not on current roster. JL Banks prior to spring practice and a few more. Most but not all on schollys.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Not just Barrett. RJ Merriweather, Jermany Hawkins, Tori Delesline, Ryan George (senior), Chaz Thornton, Ted Field, all not on current roster. JL Banks prior to spring practice and a few more. Most but not all on schollys.
    That seems like a pretty normal amount of attrition to me.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

I hate to see Banks missing from the roster.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Academics, character issues? Who knows. CTS brotherhood preaching and do right by my standards. His way or the highway? Or should it be the Eagle way.

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    I hate to see Banks missing from the roster.
    I may be wrong, but I think he was off the roster before the 2016 season started.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

This is a lot of talent that is missing on the roster. I did see something on Delesline's twitter feed recently that said something to the effect that "its been a while" and showed him working out and still showed him as being "back" on the team. Ted Field is a little disturbing considering he just got here, unless that's a case of him just not being included on the roster as of yet. Not really sure on that one. Hawkins is the one that I most disappointed about, thought he would be an excellent fit switching back to the offensive side of the ball in our new scheme. I guess we'll see how it all plays out. Hopefully some of these guys are just temporarily off the team until they get their s*** together.

On a really note, at the Coaches Caravan today, CTS went on long tangent about APR and really emphasized the importance of this semester. I'm wondering if he is starting to feel the heat in APR department a little bit. He also made mention that they have not had the luxury of "kicking folks of the team" in his time being here. Which makes all the disappearances off the roster even more mysterious, unless these guys are flunking out academically or choosing to leave on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think he was off the roster before the 2016 season started.
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    That seems like a pretty normal amount of attrition to me.
    Why recruit them if you don't intend to keep and develope them. Defeats recruiting purpose.

Why recruit them if you don't intend to keep and develope them. Defeats recruiting purpose.
    Huh?

Half the names on your list CTS didn't recruit. People leave teams all the time for reasons that are out of the coaches hands. A coaching staff can only go soo far to make sure you're in class everyday, and going to class everyday still doesn't mean you're going to come away with acceptable grades.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum