TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Savannah Alumni Lunch - TS Guest speaker

Default Savannah Alumni Lunch - TS Guest speaker

Thoughts on how the talk went from coach TS? I missed it, even though I'm like half a mile away.

Default Re: Savannah Alumni Lunch - TS Guest speaker

Where's he speaking at? i didn't even know about it

Quote Originally Posted by O.M.T. GATA View Post
    Where's he speaking at? i didn't even know about it
    Carey Hilliards in Savannah. It's their monthly meeting today.

Savannah Alumni Lunch was at Carey Hilliards on Abercorn.

My takeaways:

TS hasn't lost a step in his enthusiasm and the man can talk-never a problem for him to fill 30 minutes of non-stop talking about the football team.

The team is focused on team-building during this part of the year from morning workouts to meetings to meals and study halls as well as the accountability teams. Listening to him, it sounds like it's all working and team morale is good.

Talked about how difficult the recruiting process is when everybody's lying to everyone and there is no expectation on either side of honesty or loyalty, but sounded pleased with the 2017 class, especially given the hurdles associated with staff changes. Pretty much said all the recruiting services are a poor way to gauge our recruiting success.

Sounds fired up about coaching staff, including Chris Foster who he called one of the best guys out there and one of the best coaches out there.

He always seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder-not necessarily a bad thing-and he obviously still hates the way things are influenced by 24-hour 'news' cycles and social media warriors.

Said Shuman is a football player who plays some baseball.

I came away with an overall positive impression.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post

My takeaways:

TS hasn't lost a step in his enthusiasm and the man can talk-never a problem for him to fill 30 minutes of non-stop talking about the football team.

The team is focused on team-building during this part of the year from morning workouts to meetings to meals and study halls as well as the accountability teams. Listening to him, it sounds like it's all working and team morale is good.

Talked about how difficult the recruiting process is when everybody's lying to everyone and there is no expectation on either side of honesty or loyalty, but sounded pleased with the 2017 class, especially given the hurdles associated with staff changes. Pretty much said all the recruiting services are a poor way to gauge our recruiting success.

Sounds fired up about coaching staff, including Chris Foster who he called one of the best guys out there and one of the best coaches out there.

He always seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder-not necessarily a bad thing-and he obviously still hates the way things are influenced by 24-hour 'news' cycles and social media warriors.

Thanks GATAlac!

6. Default Re: Savannah Alumni Lunch - TS Guest speaker

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post

My takeaways:

I join him in that.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Everyone lying to one another??

8. Default Re: Savannah Alumni Lunch - TS Guest speaker

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    I join him in that.
    Yeah, I agree, but the man is only 36 years old, it is not like the "24-hour 'news' cycles and social media warriors" are new to him, it has been a part of his entire coaching career. I would expect to hear comments like that from a Paul Johnson, Erk, Belichick, etc., but its not like CTS ever knew a coaching world before the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
    Everyone lying to one another??
    It's the truth. Coach's commit to you in your living room straight to your face, a week later they drop your offer. Kids commit and say they are not looking around, but they have side chicks as well. It's a dirty 2 way street.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yeah, I agree, but the man is only 36 years old, it is not like the "24-hour 'news' cycles and social media warriors" are new to him, it has been a part of his entire coaching career. I would expect to hear comments like that from a Paul Johnson, Erk, Belichick, etc., but its not like CTS ever knew a coaching world before the internet.
    Not everyone is on Snapface and Instachat.

Thanks for the summary. Glad it went well.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 23rd February 2017 at 03:00 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

10. Default Re: Savannah Alumni Lunch - TS Guest speaker

I wish he would stop trying to blame shift.

Shut up about "social media" this and that!!

People are far more influenced by whatever happens on the field than whatever happens on twitter. Have a good season, and it won't matter what any social media commandos think.

Last season inhale vigorouslyed on an epic scale-and it sure wasn't "social media's" fault!!