TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breida and the NFL

1. Default Breida and the NFL

Nobody would have looked at you weird if you said Matt Breida had a shot at the NFL after watching what he's done the last couple years in FBS.

This year is a different story. This post is not about the team or the offense gone wrong, but simply about Breida and how his NFL potential is dwindling because of a coaching change. I hate that there's any possibility his future could be messed up due to bad blocking schemes and inept line coaching.

His numbers just aren't there this year and I don't think it has anything to do with his skill level or injury status. I hate it for him.
    I know words. I have the best words.

Default Re: Breida and the NFL

I think he gets a shot. I don't think he'll get drafted, but I could see a team taking a flyer on him. He has NFL acceleration and some pretty dagum good moves too. I could see him getting looked at for special teams.

His speed is what will get him drafted late. Pro scouts will look at previous 2 years if this season doesn't turn out stellar. Pro scouts will also understand why for the decline.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    His speed is what will get him drafted late. Pro scouts will look at previous 2 years if this season doesn't turn out stellar. Pro scouts will also understand why for the decline.
    Pro scouts do not subscribe to most of the moronic thinking college fans and media have. They don't care about conference, they don't care about the team name on jersey, they don't care how many people came to the games, they don't care about G5 or P5 labels etc etc. They evaluate based on what they see on film and in person. They scout 6500 kids a year, if you are NFL worthy in any way you will make it to a camp.

If I am a coach I harping on this in recruiting with any kid that has NFL dreams.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

I would think he still gets a shot.
    Maybe we can get him rolling again next Wed.

6. Default Re: Breida and the NFL

Remember, McKinnon wasn't getting drafted until he threw up 32 bench reps, 4.41 40 yard dash, and a 40.5 inch vert at the combine. I don't necessarily think Breida will throw up those same numbers but if he gets close to it, he will get drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by True_Blue2010 View Post
    Remember, McKinnon wasn't getting drafted until he threw up 32 bench reps, 4.41 40 yard dash, and a 40.5 inch vert at the combine. I don't necessarily think Breida will throw up those same numbers but if he gets close to it, he will get drafted.
    Well he had to get a Combine invite first.

It's likely the Florida game played into that.

8. Default Re: Breida and the NFL

What Breida does in the combine will effect his draft position more than any numbers he puts up this season. He's going to get his chance.

Scouts only need to see one play! Anybody who can reverse field against an SEC defense has special talent! He'll get his chance.
    Go Eagles!!

It would probably help his chances if he's able to break a TD or some big runs out of that KR position this year, because he's definitely not a prototypical NFL RB.