TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: College football coaches on the hot seat in 2016

1. Default College football coaches on the hot seat in 2016

"I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

Default Re: College football coaches on the hot seat in 2016

Didn't realize Craig Bohl was 6-18 since leaving NDSU for Wyoming.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU25+yrFan View Post
    Kinda dumb to have Monken on there. Yeah, they're horrible, but they've been horrible for a while and two years won't fix that.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer View Post
    Kinda dumb to have Monken on there. Yeah, they're horrible, but they've been horrible for a while and two years won't fix that.

Why is it dumb? If Army just wanted to keep the status quo then wouldn't they have kept the old coach? Monken was hired to turn things around and while I would be very surprised if he was to get fired after this year I think it's definitely a "show us some results" type of year for him or else he's going into 2017 with the seat on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

With a loaded team fresh off a blowout bowl win, I'd say CTS has a lot of expectations to fulfill also. While he's not ON any hot seat this year, I can guarantee two or three conference losses will put his fanny on it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    With a loaded team fresh off a blowout bowl win, I'd say CTS has a lot of expectations to fulfill also. While he's not ON any hot seat this year, I can guarantee two or three conference losses will put his fanny on it next year.

Maybe I'm just being a pessimist but I just don't see this loaded team that people keep talking about. I mean I get where a lot of it is coming from. I guarantee that if the App St or Ga St game was the last game of the year then the talk of our loaded team wouldn't be as loud. But the last memory we have is a completely dominating half of football vs BGSU.

Now there are definitely positions that we appear to be "loaded" at like RB and LB. And other positions like DL and OL that we should be fine but still have plenty of question marks. And then there are positions like QB, WR, TE, CB, and S that have a lot of question marks right now.

And while there is all the talk about the amount of seniors we have, our #2 RB is an underclassman, 8 of the 10 OL on the 2 deep are underclassmen, every TE is an underclassman, the majority of our WR's that will be on the field are underclassmen, and every DB but 2 are underclassmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Maybe I'm just being a pessimist but I just don't see this loaded team that people keep talking about. I mean I get where a lot of it is coming from. I guarantee that if the App St or Ga St game was the last game of the year then the talk of our loaded team wouldn't be as loud. But the last memory we have is a completely dominating half of football vs BGSU.

Now there are definitely positions that we appear to be "loaded" at like RB and LB. And other positions like DL and OL that we should be fine but still have plenty of question marks. And then there are positions like QB, WR, TE, CB, and S that have a lot of question marks right now.

And while there is all the talk about the amount of seniors we have, our #2 RB is an underclassman, 8 of the 10 OL on the 2 deep are underclassmen, every TE is an underclassman, the majority of our WR's that will be on the field are underclassmen, and every DB but 2 are underclassmen.
    The only question at quarterback is if Upshaw really made a quantum leap at the end of last year. Otherwise we pretty much know what we're going to have.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post

THIS.

We're talented compared to most of our SunBelt brothers, but we're not an SEC team.

I watched our team get its *** kicked up and down the field by Georgia State. A flukey blowout win in a rainstorm over Bowling Green didn't make me forget that. If we were as talented as we THINK we are it wouldn't even be possible for Georgia State to drag us like that.

We can play very good football when we feel like it, but we're not any more talented than App State, Ark State, ULL, or Troy to my eyes. I'd put WMU up there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    THIS.

We're talented compared to most of our SunBelt brothers, but we're not an SEC team.

I watched our team get its *** kicked up and down the field by Georgia State. A flukey blowout win in a rainstorm over Bowling Green didn't make me forget that. If we were as talented as we THINK we are it wouldn't even be possible for Georgia State to drag us like that.

We can play very good football when we feel like it, but we're not any more talented than App State, Ark State, ULL, or Troy to my eyes. I'd put WMU up there too.
    We looked good in 4 of the last 5 games so I will dismiss Georgia State as being the fluke and not Bowling Green, especially with what I have heard about the things that went on in practice the week of the State game.

Doesn't mean we are legitimately 30 points better than BGSU, but that team is closer to what we really were late season.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    THIS.

Florida had a ****load of talent on the field in 2013. They didn't have a talent problem, they had a coaching problem.

Guess what we had in that Gast game.

We suffered our worst home loss EVER. Two of our statistically worst losses in our history also happened last year as well, including a shutout for the first time in 20 years.
    Last edited by eaglewraith; 1st June 2016 at 08:45 PM.