TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagles @ Bears Game Thread

Default Eagles @ Bears Game Thread

For anyone that follows college baseball, Mercer has one of the top bats in the country in Kyle Lewis (OF). Probably a guaranteed top 10 pick if he keeps it up, and potentially top 5 (cmon Braves).

Eagles play Mercer in Macon tonight.

Default Re: Eagles @ Bears Game Thread

Sort of off topic but related--If any GSUFANS posters happen to go to the Mercer game, let me know how the new audio system sounds.
    Cheryl S. Saxon
    C/O 1999 Building Construction & Contracting
    Statesboro, Georgia
    G.A.T.A.

Nothing against our team, but I had already mentally checked this one off as a loss. We never play well against Mercer. I still remember a random midweek afternoon where they ended a 10-or-so game winning streak by throwing nine pitchers in nine innings.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    Nothing against our team, but I had already mentally checked this one off as a loss. We never play well against Mercer. I still remember a random midweek afternoon where they ended a 10-or-so game winning streak by throwing nine pitchers in nine innings.
    Glad to see they're proving me wrong.

We scored two in the top of the first and then danced out of some trouble in the bottom half. Eagles lead it 4-2 in the top of the third and are still threatening.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Cleveland crushes 3-run bomb to right. Good guys up 8-3.

Are you freaking kidding me Kent Rollins?

Big collapse here

Score?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTrump View Post
    Score?
    8-6 GSU. Mercer has bases loaded with 2 outs.

Frederick hit a guy and walked two to load bases. Simmons comes in and strikes a guy out, then gets tailor-made double play ball that Rollins didn't touch.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    8-6 GSU. Mercer has bases loaded with 2 outs.

Frederick hit a guy and walked two to load bases. Simmons comes in and strikes a guy out, then gets tailor-made double play ball that Rollins didn't touch.
    Simmons ends up striking out the side, including getting Mercer's All-American to swing through a 3-2 change up with the bases loaded. Huge escape right there.