TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles vs stAte Basketball

1. Default Eagles vs stAte Basketball

Won't be able to get into the thread on this tomorrow because I will be at the game, but I'll offer up my assessment.

1. We have 7 available players for our game, plus a walk-on who is being forced to now play 30 plus minutes. Against Georgia State Thursday, we played all 5 minutes of overtime with 4 players sitting on 4 fouls. If all 4 had managed to foul out, we would have actually had to finish the game with 4 players. It is now a reasonable threat in every game we play, that one bad injury or foul game could leave us fielding a 4 man team So far this year, 1 guy will be spending several years in prison for robbing a drug dealer at gun point, a 2nd flunked out of school, and a 3rd got into a near fistfight with John Brady and had to be physically restrained. A 4th, 5th, and 6th player all suffered season ending injuries. Player 7 is out for a couple weeks with a hamstring strain.

2. We can't shoot for long stretches. We've now gone 6 straight games where we went 15 minutes or more shooting 23 percent or less from the field. We are prone to 7-8 minute long scoring droughts

3. Our true point guard is hurt, so we are playing everyone out of position, including letting our 6-8 big man play guard sometimes.

4. So far we've beaten Little Rock, ULL, ULM, Troy, USA, and Georgia State. I proclaimed on Panther Talk that they should drop to D2 if they lost to us. I'm waiting on confirmation that they have agreed with my assessment. Either way, despite all our inefficiencies, this team will play hard. Somehow, despite missing 6 players, most of who we have left gets along really well, and the team plays well together. We'll battle from the opening tip to the final buzzer. SBC teams have been terrible about letting us stay in the game despite our terrible shooting stretches, and it's cost them. Little Rock is the only odd ball. We shot 60 percent in the first half and led by 18 at half, then blew all but one point of the lead in the 2nd half before holding on to win.

5. Oh Yeah, our Women's team is awesome...so there.

Default Re: Eagles vs stAte Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    Won't be able to get into the thread on this tomorrow because I will be at the game, but I'll offer up my assessment.

1. We have 7 available players for our game, plus a walk-on who is being forced to now play 30 plus minutes. Against Georgia State Thursday, we played all 5 minutes of overtime with 4 players sitting on 4 fouls. If all 4 had managed to foul out, we would have actually had to finish the game with 4 players. It is now a reasonable threat in every game we play, that one bad injury or foul game could leave us fielding a 4 man team So far this year, 1 guy will be spending several years in prison for robbing a drug dealer at gun point, a 2nd flunked out of school, and a 3rd got into a near fistfight with John Brady and had to be physically restrained. A 4th, 5th, and 6th player all suffered season ending injuries. Player 7 is out for a couple weeks with a hamstring strain.

2. We can't shoot for long stretches. We've now gone 6 straight games where we went 15 minutes or more shooting 23 percent or less from the field. We are prone to 7-8 minute long scoring droughts

3. Our true point guard is hurt, so we are playing everyone out of position, including letting our 6-8 big man play guard sometimes.

4. So far we've beaten Little Rock, ULL, ULM, Troy, USA, and Georgia State. I proclaimed on Panther Talk that they should drop to D2 if they lost to us. I'm waiting on confirmation that they have agreed with my assessment. Either way, despite all our inefficiencies, this team will play hard. Somehow, despite missing 6 players, most of who we have left gets along really well, and the team plays well together. We'll battle from the opening tip to the final buzzer. SBC teams have been terrible about letting us stay in the game despite our terrible shooting stretches, and it's cost them. Little Rock is the only odd ball. We shot 60 percent in the first half and led by 18 at half, then blew all but one point of the lead in the 2nd half before holding on to win.

My Lord! It sounds like your mens team is a TEAM, pulling together, playing their hearts out. Should be a good one tonight. If our shooting team shows up tonight we could run you out of your gym, if our non-shooting team shows up it could be one ugly game which appears to fit your scrappy team well. We need a win big time!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post

If I have my coaches straight, that doesn't surprise me. Your coach was a nut last year in Statesboro, he actually apologized to our fans sitting behind the State bench before the game. I have never seen a coach be so disrespectful to his players.

Need to shoot better % from 3-point land today and protect our home court. BIGS need to continue their recent trend of contributions.
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Sugar Hill, GA

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    Need to shoot better % from 3-point land today and protect our home court. BIGS need to continue their recent trend of contributions.
    I thought this was Jonesboro.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTrump View Post
    It sure is isn't it?! And......I don't drink

Scary!
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    Sugar Hill, GA

7. Default Re: Eagles vs stAte Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTrump View Post

It is in Jonesboro.

8. Default Re: Eagles vs stAte Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    If I have my coaches straight, that doesn't surprise me. Your coach was a nut last year in Statesboro, he actually apologized to our fans sitting behind the State bench before the game. I have never seen a coach be so disrespectful to his players.
    This is Brady's last year. He is resigning at the end of the season, so enjoy the game in Statesboro in a couple weeks because it's probably the last time you'll see him there.

9. Default Re: Eagles vs stAte Basketball

It helps that every shot in the arena is going down, but our offense looks WAY better than early in the year. Lots of movement and lots of hitting open guys under the basket. This doesn't look like a team of freshmen like it did a few weeks ago.

32-33 with under 2 minutes in half #1
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    Sugar Hill, GA