TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Phil Steele - Top 25 Bowl Team Performances

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sugar Hill, Ga
    Posts
    10,305

    Default Phil Steele - Top 25 Bowl Team Performances

    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Sugar Hill, GA

  2. Default Re: Phil Steele - Top 25 Bowl Team Performances

    Talk about sticking out in that group

  3. #3

    Default Re: Phil Steele - Top 25 Bowl Team Performances

    people were right. this whole FBS thing just isn't getting us any more publicity than competing for FCS championships would have....

  4. #4

    Default Re: Phil Steele - Top 25 Bowl Team Performances

    Is that right? Boise gave up a net of 33 yards!!!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Phil Steele - Top 25 Bowl Team Performances

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle27 View Post
    Is that right? Boise gave up a net of 33 yards!!!
    yup! lol

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    people were right. this whole FBS thing just isn't getting us any more publicity than competing for FCS championships would have....
    I can only chuckle. Damn I'm glad we moved up.
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

    Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

  7. #7

    Default Re: Phil Steele - Top 25 Bowl Team Performances

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle27 View Post
    Is that right? Boise gave up a net of 33 yards!!!
    Yes, all on the first drive of the game too. The more eye popping stat from that game isn't that UNI only got 33 total yards, it is that Boise out gained them by over 600 yards. That's a Johnson C. Smith-esque difference and I can't remember ever seeing that big of a difference in a FBS vs. FBS game before, let alone a bowl.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post

    Yes, all on the first drive of the game too. The more eye popping stat from that game isn't that UNI only got 33 total yards, it is that Boise out gained them by over 600 yards. That's a Johnson C. Smith-esque difference and I can't remember ever seeing that big of a difference in a FBS vs. FBS game before, let alone a bowl.
    That was the biggest beat down I've ever seen in my life. Bet those NIU fans would have rather played us in hindsight.
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

    Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

  9. #9

    Default Re: Phil Steele - Top 25 Bowl Team Performances

    I have no idea how AL is ranked below Clemson not giving up a point but other than that looks about right. Boise D was insane that game.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Phil Steele - Top 25 Bowl Team Performances

    Quote Originally Posted by The Demoralizer View Post
    That was the biggest beat down I've ever seen in my life. Bet those NIU fans would have rather played us in hindsight.
    Comes in a year where people were starting to wonder if Boise State was finally starting to decline. That was them saying "We ain't going anywhere."

Similar Threads

  1. Phil Steele All Sun Belt Team
    By GSU08 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 1st June 2015, 08:33 PM
  2. 8 Eagles on Phil Steele's mid season Sun Belt team
    By 1peatfor7 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 21st October 2014, 09:11 AM
  3. Phil Steele's FCS Magazine
    By HAIL SOUTHERN! in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 7th August 2011, 04:33 PM
  4. Phil Steele's Pre-Season All-Conference Team
    By HAIL SOUTHERN! in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28th July 2011, 05:17 PM
  5. Phil Steele's FCS Blog
    By Tribal in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15th May 2011, 09:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •