TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bracket for Sunbelt tournament

Default Bracket for Sunbelt tournament

The Panther fans have got to be shaking a little. They may have won the battle today but lost the war. They have ULL and UTA on their side of the bracket. I think we have the better bracket draw myself. Not that ULM won't be tough but I think ULL in the semis is a tougher draw. Our guys need to rest and get focused on winning 2 more games. BTW, we really missed Angel today.

Default Re: Bracket for Sunbelt tournament

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    The Panther fans have got to be shaking a little. They may have won the battle today but lost the war. They have ULL and UTA on their side of the bracket. I think we have the better bracket draw myself. Not that ULM won't be tough but I think ULL in the semis is a tougher draw. Our guys need to rest and get focused on winning 2 more games. BTW, we really missed Angel today.
    I believe that this is what Half meant (and I agreed with) the other day when he said in another thread that losing today wouldn't be such a bad thing.

3. Default Re: Bracket for Sunbelt tournament

When was the last time we were in the championship game? I've been following since 1998 and can't remember advancing past the semi-finals.

4. Default Re: Bracket for Sunbelt tournament

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgsu2003 View Post
    When was the last time we were in the championship game? I've been following since 1998 and can't remember advancing past the semi-finals.
    1992 vs ga state we didn't make the finals in the socon

Have we ever had a bye into the semi-finals before?

Quote Originally Posted by loyaleagle View Post
    Have we ever had a bye into the semi-finals before?
    I'd imagine no one else sets their tournaments up like that. Seems pretty unusual.

Not that I'm complaining
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

7. Default Re: Bracket for Sunbelt tournament

I like the Sun Belt setup alot. It really rewards the teams who had good regular conference seasons. Basically we probably have to beat ULM on Saturday and Ga. State or Louisiana on Sunday to make the NCAAs. We have shown we can beat all 3 of them. We just have to play our game and make shots.

I like the setup too. If you are a conference you want your best teams representing you in the tournament. I have a feeling we will be playing the Panthers again next Sunday.

9. Default Re: Bracket for Sunbelt tournament

Maybe we stand a good chance since we don't have the face that juggernaut Troy that beat us twice.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I doubt it, they are on a 7-1 run, playing with a truck load of confidence. They are a team that has gotten hot at the right time. Who ever beats them will need to play one heck of a game. GagSt, hate to say it, could win some NCAA tourney games, if someone doesn't stop them before that.