TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camellia Bowl

Default Camellia Bowl

small venue, but looks nice and a good crowd/atmosphere unlike the New Mexico and Idaho bowls. I'd like to see us there in the future. South struggling in both phases so far, hope they pull it out. It does hurt a little to watch a team that we skull-drug playing in a bowl when we are sitting home.

Default Re: Camellia Bowl

This is in danger of getting out of hand

As much as I enjoy sitting in my La-Z-Boy watching football on a cool December evening, I'd much rather be sitting on a cold aluminum bleacher in Montgomery tonight watching my Eagles play Bowling Green.

I think we would have taken a larger crowd to Montgomery than USA has tonight. For this being their first bowl ever, and only being 3 hours from campus, they should have sold at least 10,000 tickets. From the reports I've read, they barely sold their ticket allotment of 4,000 tickets.

With our huge student and alumni base in metro Atlanta, also 3 hours from Montgomery, I think we would have shown up in force. There's only one "first time" for a bowl game.

I wonder how many we'll take to NOLA for our first New Orleans Bowl? 3 or 4 days in the French Quarter is hard to pass up, especially for a bunch of juice-spitting GS fans ready to cheer on their Eagles.

The NO Bowl is LaLa's private bowl. They are the only team the SBC will send there.

I think we would have brought 10k+

One big difference is USA is not happy with how their season went and our fans are mostly pleasantly surprised

7. Default Re: Camellia Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    The NO Bowl is LaLa's private bowl. They are the only team the SBC will send there.
    Eventually, the Cajuns are going to get sent somewhere else. They cant play in New Orleans forever. Their ticket sales were way down this year.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    Eventually, the Cajuns are going to get sent somewhere else. They cant play in New Orleans forever. Their ticket sales were way down this year.
    Agreed. I think they will set their sights on the Cure Bowl in Orlando next year. They want no part of the game in Mobile.

9. Default Re: Camellia Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by gatadotcom View Post
    Agreed. I think they will set their sights on the Cure Bowl in Orlando next year. They want no part of the game in Mobile.
    As far as exposure is concerned, I think this is the best of them.

These games are frustrating to watch. I haven't seen a single team all day outside of Utah that we couldn't have taken behind the shed.