TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Carousel

Default Coaching Carousel

Pelini to Youngstown St. LINK

Houston hires Tom Herman (Ohio St) LINK

Paterson gets 2 yr extension from TCU LINK

I know some of you was worried about the Houston Job.

2. Default Re: Coaching Carousel

Wow Pelini to YSU, that's kinda surprising. Thought he would be someone's DC.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Eagle Blue View Post
    Wow Pelini to YSU, that's kinda surprising. Thought he would be someone's DC.
    Apparently he wanted to stay a head coach and he's also from Youngstown. Good fit for both.

I think Fritz is here for next season, but it'll be interesting if we have another successful season. There's a couple of Texas jobs that may be open after next year (Tech & A&M). Iowans St. could also pursue CF.

Default Re: Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by 6boro View Post
    Apparently he wanted to stay a head coach and he's also from Youngstown. Good fit for both.

I think Fritz is here for next season, but it'll be interesting if we have another successful season. There's a couple of Texas jobs that may be open after next year (Tech & A&M). Iowans St. could also pursue CF.
    Where do you think Sumlin is going? NFL? He certainly won't be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzEagle View Post
    Where do you think Sumlin is going? NFL? He certainly won't be fired.
    After TAMU's win over South Carolina in the season opener - and assuming that the Cowboys were going to struggle again - Sumlin was getting a lot of NFL speculaton... A few months later, I'd think that the situation has changed a bit.i
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    After TAMU's win over South Carolina in the season opener - and assuming that the Cowboys were going to struggle again - Sumlin was getting a lot of NFL speculaton... A few months later, I'd think that the situation has changed a bit.i
    Sumlin is regarded as one of the best, young coaches today. I am aware A & M was down this year but his job is certainly safe.

7. Default

People in College Station are apparently becoming restless. Sumlin's record is trending the wrong direction - 11-2 in 2012, 9-4 in 2013 and 7-5 in 2014. Plus, his conference record is not too hot. If he doesn't win the bowl game and starts off the first half of 2015 with losses to Arizona St., Miss St and Alabama, he could be on the hot seat. Just early speculation...

Fritz could be a good candidate for any Texas job with his recruiting ties. Let's hope we can keep him in the Boro!

Quote Originally Posted by 6boro View Post
    People in College Station are apparently becoming restless. Sumlin's record is trending the wrong direction - 11-2 in 2012, 9-4 in 2013 and 7-5 in 2014. Plus, his conference record is not too hot. If he doesn't win the bowl game and starts off the first half of 2015 with losses to Arizona St., Miss St and Alabama, he could be on the hot seat. Just early speculation...

Fritz could be a good candidate for any Texas job with his recruiting ties. Let's hope we can keep him in the Boro!
    I don't think you jump from GS to TAMU after 2 years in FBS. JMO.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Both Sumlin's job at Texas A&M and Kingsbury's at Tech are safe. Kingsbury has 90% guaranteed contract thru 2019 that he signed right before the season started. Sumlin's new contract that was signed after the season finished last year has guaranteed buyout of 5mil thru 2016. Besides A&M finished where they were supposed to in the sec west.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzEagle View Post
    Sumlin is regarded as one of the best, young coaches today. I am aware A & M was down this year but his job is certainly safe.
    this