Default Paul Johnson

Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Sugar Hill, GA

Default Re: Paul Johnson

And to think after the first couple of games this year, many GT people wanted to run him out of town. It's amazing what a few wins can do.

3. Default Re: Paul Johnson

Our good "pal" Harp said last year he was as good as gone. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GSUParty View Post
    Our good "pal" Harp said last year he was as good as gone. LOL
    Doesn't Harp keep getting basically demoted? Lol.
    GSU Alma Mater: Words by Caryl Cain Brown, Music by David Matthew
    "From humble farm beginnings, sprung up from sandy earth, among the tow'ring pine trees, stands a treasure of great worth. Her price cannot be measured, in silver or in gold, but in the love and loyalty, that many hearts enfold. Georgia Southern University. On Eagles wings you soar. We pledge to you our loyalty and love for ever more."

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    And to think after the first couple of games this year, many GT people wanted to run him out of town. It's amazing what a few wins can do.
    I was surprised that he got the extension exactly because of that. People have wanted him gone each of the last few seasons, but knew they couldn't afford it. Should Tech have a bad season next year, a lot of people are gonna be upset.

6. Default Re: Paul Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by SPT-bone09 View Post
    Doesn't Harp keep getting basically demoted? Lol.
    Pretty much! Seems like a guy who gets something right every now and again, then makes a huge deal about it. I'm shocked he's still on the air. Finishing out his contract maybe?

7. Default Re: Paul Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by GSUParty View Post
    Pretty much! Seems like a guy who gets something right every now and again, then makes a huge deal about it. I'm shocked he's still on the air. Finishing out his contract maybe?
    He's a shock jock. If he says something outlandish and he's right, he's a genius. If he's wrong, he just says something else crazy that makes everyone forget

He only had two years left so they had to fire him or extend him. Recruiting was becoming useless. I imagine he got the years for recruiting purposes but did not get a huge raise. I am curious to hear the terms.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    He only had two years left so they had to fire him or extend him. Recruiting was becoming useless. I imagine he got the years for recruiting purposes but did not get a huge raise. I am curious to hear the terms.
    I would guess somewhere from 3 million- 3 and a half million. per season. I think the Johnson family is set for life.