TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgate Issue

Default Tailgate Issue

Since the RAC became pay to park my tailgating crew have moved to Lot 31(ceramic lot). The first few games the Ceramic Building was open so we could use the restrooms there. However, the Idaho game the buildings were locked.
    Can someone who knows who to talk to have the Ceramic Building unlocked for gamedays or a few port a potties in the lot. The parking lot gets fuller every game and their were a few ladies that were put into a bind. Plus, after how the police have been acting I was nervous to go into the woods without getting a public indecency.

I know I could tweet TK but I feel something like this is better dealt with not on social media. And I find it rude calling out a man for something like this when he probably doesnt know its a problem.

Default Re: Tailgate Issue

The RAC being a donor lot is probably one of the worst ideas the GSUAF has ever had. It should be $10/car each Saturday
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

3. Default Re: Tailgate Issue

http://bf.georgiasouthern.edu/facilities/building-list/
    The building coordinator for Ceramics Sculpture Studio is Dr. Robert Farber, Art Department. He controls the building. I would contact him with your issues about using their restroom. rfarber@georgiasouthern.edu

Ceramics Sculpture Studio
    UnLock Time
    M-F 7:00AM
    Lock Time
    M-Th 11PM
    Locked By Building Coordinator

Athletics would coordinate the port a potties. I use to deal with Brandon Cox, Assistant AD for Facilities and Operations, regarding game day set ups.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer View Post
    The RAC being a donor lot is probably one of the worst ideas the GSUAF has ever had. It should be $10/car each Saturday
    Agreed.

I've heard their stance on empty lots, they'd rather it be empty and a booster lot, then a pay lot on a per game basis. Heck most of the SoCon did that years before we finally did it and it's still cheaper to park that close that than just about every other former conference foe. Our fans continue to want steak on a dollar menu budget. I'm going out on a limb here but I doubt anyone else in the Sun Belt lets you park that close (RAC or Paulson) for that cheap.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

This seems to be a near-unanimous sentiment. One day it will command donors, but this year was obviously a little too soon. Even then, there should be a designated tailgate area that is pay-by-game at a modest rate, even if it's a ways away on the shuttle route.

On another note, since this is the single most concentrated clearing house of Eagle fan sentiment, I wonder if it would be practical to establish a few 'positions' on issues of common interest, like the above, and deliver them formally to TK. He obviously has an ear for what the supporters want, and has been responsive. We could put items to a vote from time to time and submit an issue to TK with some key supporting comments or a concise rationale for the idea. I'm talking about things like the RAC lot, the PA system, coordination between announcers, band, recorded music, video board, etc. Rather than hearing a hodge-podge of ideas that hint at a variety of possible solutions by way of social media or 5-second 'whispers in his ear' at a luncheon, we could take advantage of the fact that he obviously recognizes this board as a more-or-less representative voice of the fan base, and submit suggestions and positions on certain things. This would lose credibility if it devolved into a constant nagging process, but I'm thinking we come at him with 2, 3, maybe 4 issues a year with well-developed rationale and an indication that it is an issue across much of the fan base.

I don't think Paul should be put into the position of managing this, 'cause he's got to maintain his journalistic integrity!

It's my bright idea, but I've got 2 small kids and a back-breaking work load

So, we've got fans with the time and energy to create awesome videos, amazing diagrams, and detailed analysis on the entire conference. Who's our first volunteer?
    Last edited by GATAlac El Dorado; 17th October 2014 at 08:01 AM.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I've heard their stance on empty lots, they'd rather it be empty and a booster lot, then a pay lot on a per game basis.
    This, if correct, is absolute terrible business strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I'm going out on a limb here but I doubt anyone else in the Sun Belt lets you park that close (RAC or Paulson) for that cheap.
    You can park in a deck adjoining the Dome for $10 on a game-by-game basis.

I think the first two rows should be donor and assigned, but the rest should be Gameday purchase. Slowly add rows for donors each year.

There is a huge dropoff this year and it killed the atmosphere. We are thinking of moving over to Paulson. We moved from Paulson because we have kids and the rac has room for them to play.
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

The idea to charge money to park there was right. The idea to make it a donor lot was wrong. Completely agree it should be a $10 per car first come first serve lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.