TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Threads still showing as new

Default Threads still showing as new

This is not a big deal to me at least, but was wondering if anyone was having a similar issue, there are 5 current threads from today that still show up bolded on the "New Thread" search function, even though I have read each multiple times they still put me back to the first post. All of the others are behaving normally.

The threads are:

Dixie Raley (softball commit)
    Up the Road
    3 tix for SSU
    Bluebloods article links for today
    Eagle Picksheet week 2

2. Default Re: Threads still showing as new

My read indicator has always been screwed, no matter what device or PC I'm on.

Most of the time, if I read a few threads and close the window, then come back, all the threads are still unread. But, if I read a few and close the window and come back several hours later, EVERY thread from before is marked as read, whether I read it or not.

I have to use the "Mark Forums As Read" link to get consistent results.

Pretty annoying and the only complaint I have about the site.

Default Re: Threads still showing as new

I've had the same issues for a while now too. What I do is just log out when I'm done ready and log on when I come back. When I do that, it keeps everything correctly highlighted.

Things can get a little screwed up if you're using Forum Runner though. When I'm on Forum Runner, after reading the threads that interest me, I have to click on "mark as read" for each forum before leaving to go to another forum. Even then, after everything is shown as "read" on Forum Runner, if I go to the site on my PC, it shows that all of the threads I just looked at as unread. I've also learned that after clearing all the unread forums on forum runner, if I logoff on that, the next time I load up on my PC, it shows everything as read (even though there are new posts).

Quite confusing...just have to tinker and toy between the two to figure out how to get where you want to be. hahahaha....

When I load up the site I always click "New Posts" first. Then when done I click "Mark Forums Read". This is how I have always read the site, so it doesn't bother me at all.

Now there have been times I didn't click the "Mark Forums Read" and I get a ton of stuff I know for a fact I have already read showing. I just chalk that as my own fault for not marking everything as read though.
    "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

Dusty Fowler
    I.T./B.Mgmt.
    GSUAF Member
    P69 - Section 108

Same issue with me, I typically go to "new posts" and it keeps up with what I have read, no so much the last few weeks.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ralze34 View Post
    When I load up the site I always click "New Posts" first. Then when done I click "Mark Forums Read". This is how I have always read the site, so it doesn't bother me at all. Now there have been times I didn't click the "Mark Forums Read" and I get a ton of stuff I know for a fact I have already read showing. I just chalk that as my own fault for not marking everything as read though.
    Same here. I do the same thing on Forum Runner with the "Current" button.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

I'm thinking it's something screwy with the way the cookies are set.

This forum is the only one I've experienced this issue with.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I'm thinking it's something screwy with the way the cookies are set.

This forum is the only one I've experienced this issue with.
    Probably a host thing. Not the only problem I'm contending with, let's leave it at that for now.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralze34 View Post
    When I load up the site I always click "New Posts" first. Then when done I click "Mark Forums Read". This is how I have always read the site, so it doesn't bother me at all.
    Ditto.
    Mike Younce
    2001 - Bachelor of Science in Printing Management
    2003 - Master of Technology
    Brunswick, Georgia