TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Johnson

Default Paul Johnson

Seems a lot of people do not think that Johnson will survive past this season. If so, I hope Justin Thomas wants to transfer. That kid would be dangerous.

Love PJ when he was here. Wish him success. Hope his seat is "face of the sun" hot after 9/13.
    Hail Southern and NO place else!

3. Default Re: Paul Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by scotchtkh View Post
    Seems a lot of people do not think that Johnson will survive past this season. If so, I hope Justin Thomas wants to transfer. That kid would be dangerous.
    Why would he transfer somewhere that he'd have to sit out? We're not FCS anymore.

Default Re: Paul Johnson

He would lose a year of eligibility.

edit Klak beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyGUS View Post
    Love PJ when he was here. Wish him success. Hope his seat is "face of the sun" hot after 9/13.
    I agree. He has made so much money he can ride off into the sunset and spend the rest of his days golfing with Spurrier.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Winningest Tech coach other than Bobby Dodd and O'Leary.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Winningest Tech coach other than Bobby Dodd and O'Leary.
    I love Coach Johnson, but After those two coaches it is kind of tallest midget territory there.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

8. Default Re: Paul Johnson

PJ's not going anywhere. He's restored and pushed Tech's APR to new heights, and I believe his bonus is tied to that. And as long as he graduates his guys and keeps that APR up, that's probably more than half the battle with the folks in administration at Tech. If he goes 4-8, maybe there's a lot of heat. But their schedule is better this year than it has been in a while - Clemson at home, Duke at home, Miami at home and no Florida State. Roadies at Va Tech, Georgia and overrated UNC. He'll be fine. Plus, I think he likes living in Atlanta (I believe he actually lives in Cobb, but you get the picture) and he's still close enough to his vacation home in the NC mountains.
    Though beating two of the big four - Clemson, Va Tech, Miami and Georgia - would probably turn the burner on the stove down to about a 1 for a good while.

Doesn't the kid have a redshirt year left. But it was more of a wish.

10. Default Re: Paul Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by MightyGUS View Post
    Same here. Think the world of Paul. Great man and coach.