TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: got an email from GSU

  1. #1

    Default got an email from GSU

    Just received an email from GSU asking if I or others would be willing to be put on a waiting list for an 18 person luxury box. No price given.

    To me, it sounds like they are trying to guage demand for possible expansion. Similar to stAte, they are preselling boxes to generate funds for expansion. I'd love to get one with a group, but can't right now. I wonder if they will use the potential demand to speed up expansion of the home side.
    Just One More Time!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    26,318

    Default Re: got an email from GSU

    Or it's possible the long wait list we've heard about in the past has been a myth. This could be a market research move to understand how much demand there actually is for the boxes.

    I would think the information could also be used to discuss expansion as well.

    I hope at some point we look at adding loge boxes as well. I would buy one of those in a heartbeat. I don't like being behind glass though.

  3. #3

    Default Re: got an email from GSU

    Quote Originally Posted by trueeagle98 View Post
    Just received an email from GSU asking if I or others would be willing to be put on a waiting list for an 18 person luxury box. No price given.

    To me, it sounds like they are trying to guage demand for possible expansion. Similar to stAte, they are preselling boxes to generate funds for expansion. I'd love to get one with a group, but can't right now. I wonder if they will use the potential demand to speed up expansion of the home side.
    It was an Eagle Insider message that they always send out and I don't think it has a thing to do with expansion.

  4. #4

    Default Re: got an email from GSU

    Why would you shell out for a "luxury" (using that term VERY loosely) box, when you have shade, big arse fans, TVs and drinks for a fraction of the price on the other side? Those existing box seats are a real problem until they start living up to the "luxury" title given them.
    "Do the interns get Glocks?"

    "No, they all share one."

    --Life Aquatic

  5. #5

    Default Re: got an email from GSU

    Either demand is decreasing or supply is increasing...wonder which it is.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    26,318

    Default Re: got an email from GSU

    Quote Originally Posted by gasoutherneagle View Post
    Why would you shell out for a "luxury" (using that term VERY loosely) box, when you have shade, big arse fans, TVs and drinks for a fraction of the price on the other side? Those existing box seats are a real problem until they start living up to the "luxury" title given them.
    For people interested in such things, the seats across the way are still exposed to the elements to some degree and can't be temperature controlled. I haven't seen any TV's installed in the seating area either, but there are TV's in the boxes. As for drinks, the people can stock what they want which doesn't have to be limited to whatever beer that Georgia Southen contracts out.

  7. #7

    Default Re: got an email from GSU

    I really didn't read it that way. They didn't say there is an open box and would you like to sign up for it. It asked if I knew anyone who would be interested in being put on a waiting list for a luxury box that holds 18 people. I really think they are trying to judge the current demand for the boxes. and how many more they could build without exceeding demand.

    Ark State is currently using these commitments for new luxury suites to fund expansion. I believe the current A.D. and staff are trying to see if GSU can do the same. Premium seats seem to sell pretty fast and currently there are no extra box suites available (and there is a waiting list, how long dunno but heard its around 12-15. Any of you insiders have a more accurate number?).

    I do agree that outdoor seating would need to be incorporated into any new suites and pricing would be a factor (they didn't say what the price is or would be, just would you be interested). Think of a whole new home side with expanded seating to the endzones, expanded Club seating, new luxury suites w/ out door seating (like on multiple tiers above the lower level), and new press box. Luxury suites are a way to help pay for such an expansion.

    Again, people seem to be assuming that this is for existing suites. I think it is to gauge current interest for a possible expansion. If they find out 50 groups are willing to pay 15-20K/year for a suite then it could make expansion happen sooner than later.
    Just One More Time!!!

  8. #8

    Default Re: got an email from GSU

    ...in a cinder block hut, that hasn't been updated in any way other than maybe new TVs, since they built them. At least a facade over the cider blocks... SOMETHING! I've spent a few games in them, and had the feel of a elementary school classroom.
    "Do the interns get Glocks?"

    "No, they all share one."

    --Life Aquatic

  9. #9

    Default Re: got an email from GSU

    Quote Originally Posted by trueeagle98 View Post
    I really didn't read it that way. They didn't say there is an open box and would you like to sign up for it. It asked if I knew anyone who would be interested in being put on a waiting list for a luxury box that holds 18 people. I really think they are trying to judge the current demand for the boxes. and how many more they could build without exceeding demand.

    Ark State is currently using these commitments for new luxury suites to fund expansion. I believe the current A.D. and staff are trying to see if GSU can do the same. Premium seats seem to sell pretty fast and currently there are no extra box suites available (and there is a waiting list, how long dunno but heard its around 12-15. Any of you insiders have a more accurate number?).

    I do agree that outdoor seating would need to be incorporated into any new suites and pricing would be a factor (they didn't say what the price is or would be, just would you be interested). Think of a whole new home side with expanded seating to the endzones, expanded Club seating, new luxury suites w/ out door seating (like on multiple tiers above the lower level), and new press box. Luxury suites are a way to help pay for such an expansion.

    Again, people seem to be assuming that this is for existing suites. I think it is to gauge current interest for a possible expansion. If they find out 50 groups are willing to pay 15-20K/year for a suite then it could make expansion happen sooner than later.
    My opinion- I think they know people are aware there is a waiting list and think it isn't worth their time to be put on the list because turnover on them isn't that great. If they can get commitments from the people who are on the list as well as a handful of more boxes, they understand that it makes business sense to build more.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    26,318

    Default Re: got an email from GSU

    Quote Originally Posted by trueeagle98 View Post
    Again, people seem to be assuming that this is for existing suites. I think it is to gauge current interest for a possible expansion. If they find out 50 groups are willing to pay 15-20K/year for a suite then it could make expansion happen sooner than later.
    But you can bring in more revenue by understanding the market for what you current have and adjusting your value/contracts so that it matches the market. That way you increase revenue without increasing expenses at the same time. We could see changes in prices of the boxes as well as changes in the length of the contract commitments. You are correct though that this information could be used down the road for expansion as well.

    A lot of what we're doing right now is getting an understanding of the market price of everything around the stadium. This is just another step in that process. This one email makes me think the waiting list isn't what a lot of people thought it was.

    I would expect to see some price changes next year. One section I'm paying attention to is LL. That one is valued above what it should be I believe. Last I looked, only about 10 season tickets had been sold in the entire section. That is not a good sign.

Similar Threads

  1. email ssyoung...
    By tkeagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th September 2010, 12:50 PM
  2. email from sam to players
    By eagleruckus in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 26th November 2009, 02:34 AM
  3. Dr. Keel's email
    By eagleskins in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 21st November 2009, 09:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •