TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Error editing a thread and a question about avatars...

Default Error editing a thread and a question about avatars...

Went to edit my first post to do a minor change... saved it and the forums threw this error:

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../editpost.php on line 327
    This is only when you enter ADVANCED EDIT mode. Not the quick edit mode.

Also noticed that you don't allow animated GIFs for avatars... mine is pretty unique and is consistent across every site I'm a member of. Can I ask why you don't allow GIFs, especially if they conform to the height/width and file size restrictions (mine does).

You might also want to put in a 301 redirect call on http://www.gsufans.com/forum/, since that's the URL I had bookmarked (In case you can't tell, I'm a bit of a forum buff and a hard core webby type guy, too)

Thanks!

Default Re: Error editing a thread and a question about avatars...

Another question and another observation:

I've tried to ascertain when my signature will show up... I assume you have this set as a number of posts based limitation?

Thank you for working on the site. Noticed it crashed a few times.

Have you done any vBulletin optimization? (This is one of the things that I've done for other larger vBulletin sites.) If you need help with this, shoot me a PM. I know you don't know me from Adam, but I will provide any references needed and give you sites I've worked on then. If need be, you can also contact me on Twitter via DM (I'm following).

Aaand another bug to report: I subscribed to a thread (the one I started about the new Scoreboard) to receive instant email notifications of replies... which isn't happening.

Interesting... eaglewraith responded and I received that notification. Maybe I jumped the gun too soon?

I'm finding all sorts of fun stuff, haha!

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthrea...place!/page275

For that thread, on the main thread listing, when I click to go to the first unread post, it's taking me to the top of page 274. My post is the last one I see on there. I do see that there's a page 275, however, when I click on that, "Next Page" or "Last Page", it's returning me to the top of page 274. Same thing happens when I click on the icon on the far right to go to the last post (which is not mine, obviously).

Interestingly enough, the thread listing only shows 274 pages.

It feels like it might be a "Too aggressive caching" type issue.

(Did I mention just how much of a forum junkie I am? )

I'm thinking we've got some issues similar to what we've had in the past. The board was reporting database errors earlier in the day, and there's new posts that aren't showing up. I just posted in the Webcam thread and my post isn't visible, but I'm listed as the most recent poster.

I can also confirm that I'm unable to see eaglewraith's post.

I've thrown my hat into the ring, in case Eagle22 needs some help.