TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Backs

Default Running Backs

I seriously think we aren't using Zeke to his full capability. We used him much last year as a FB, which I think is a serious mistake. My opinion is, if he isn't going to be used to run the ball, he should be moved to Defense.
    I think the Nolley kid will factor heavily in the rotation at RB, so there has got to be an odd man out. I have a bad feeling that Zeke will be it.

I believe this is a result of us using the QB to run the ball so much last year. Zeke proved to be such a good blocker that we used him in that role more. Since the QB runs will probably decrease this year, I think we might see Zeke carry it a little more. Don't forget that he was coming back from a serious knee injury last year also.

Yea, we didn't run the ball much with him because of our O line's inexperience. so now that they're gonna have experience we should see him carrying the ball more, him and Urbano should be a great tandem this year...

I don't think we will have any more huge numbers for RB's anymore...but I see our RB position as pretty good with what we had last year coming back and the RFR we have coming in....I also hope we will run it a bit more often..... A bit more balance I think is a good idea.....but win baby win is my motto.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

We are not using any of our RB's correctly. Zeke and Urbano are two of the best players on the team.

6. Default

Ever thought after his knee injury, it's best for him to block and not be cutting in and out and such for a while? You might see him as a feature back this year quite a bit. He's had plenty of time to heal. I thought they used Urbano quite well. Tough little inhale vigorouslyer there!

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskins View Post
    We are not using any of our RB's correctly. Zeke and Urbano are two of the best players on the team.
    There is a reason Zeke didn't get many touches last year.

Didn't Hatcher say the guy hasn't been the same since the knee injury?

Plus, Zeke Rozier has had about one big play in his entire career as an Eagle (against West Georgia). The same guy who bashes folks for defending Chris Hatcher even though he hasn't accomplished anything as a division I coach is singing the praises of a running back who hasn't done a single thing worth mentioning.

At the beginning of the year, Zeke was moving nowhere near the same as he did before his injury. He was running more upright and not doing anything to break loose and hardly ever made a cut (which are the same complaints many had when they were bashing Hamilton although he had a nagging ankle injury the year he played). It seemed like he was a little timid about his knee. Toward the end of the year he started doing a pretty good job and definitely improved his downfield blocking (see the TD against WCU in OT). He appears to have a good set of hands as well as he was involved in some pass plays at Furman.

Let's see how he does this year. If he can build on what he was doing at the end of the year you'll probably see him more, but Urbano is the RB to beat right now.

Our OL woes at the beginning of the year didn't help either, so maybe that'll keep building on the improvement we saw at the end of the year as well.

I am not sure with his straight up running style that this offense "fits" Zeke, he really needs a lead blocker more of an Eric Dickerson type runner, and it does take a least a year for the knee to be 100%, hopefully he'll be 100% and he can contribute as a change of pace runner, pass catcher and blocker. I like how Urbano ran last year, he seemed to show up especially in OT and late in the games, but as we know, we need depth and these two may not be enough.

Teal is back, either slot that Barney played last year or RB, Teal can fly and he's a tough little guy. Hatch said he's moving Barney to wide-out.