TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: According to Big Frank with WJCL

1. Default According to Big Frank with WJCL

"According to Georgia Southern Athletic Director Tom Kleinlein, As of 615 pm today, Jeff Monken remains head coach of the Georgia Southern Eagles". I so hope this means he turned down the job and he sees this through.

2. Default Re: According to Big Frank with WJCL

Quote Originally Posted by BOWLINGEAGLEGSU View Post
    "According to Georgia Southern Athletic Director Tom Kleinlein, As of 615 pm today, Jeff Monken remains head coach of the Georgia Southern Eagles". I so hope this means he turned down the job and he sees this through.
    From the Army board:

hold on here….i was just told by someone who says he knows that the Monken deal is far from complete. The concerns are over money, length of contract AND, most importantly, the opportunity to be successful here.

I hope that we don't have another situation here of a coach being offered the job and having him not show up
    “Not a young man who played for Erk Russell…won’t tell his children and grandchildren something he learned from this great man. It was like that with Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant” - Keith Jackson

Default Re: According to Big Frank with WJCL

coming from a fan of a team who has had almost regular turnover since 2008, it isn't over until the dust settles. I would say the most comparable to this situation is when we were replacing Kiffin, there were some reports from our best insiders saying Muschamp was clicking his pen to sign the dotted line... Same with this last go round when it was reported that Charlie Strong was about to get on the plane with our AD back to Knoxville.

Fingers crossed this is one of those times where the front runner doesn't pan out for the other guys.

Tick... Tock.... Tick... Tock...

Default Re: According to Big Frank with WJCL

Quote Originally Posted by BOWLINGEAGLEGSU View Post
    If that's the case, then maybe TK needs to give him a deadline. If he is not our date to the prom, then we need to go find one.
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

6. Default Re: According to Big Frank with WJCL

Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post
    If that's the case, then maybe TK needs to give him a deadline. If he is not our date to the prom, then we need to go find one.
    Yes. Give him an ultimatum and if by that deadline he doesn't like the army deal, he'll have to choose to stay or take a bad deal. But would the players want him back?

7. Default Re: According to Big Frank with WJCL

i still think he is gone. He is just negotiating for every cent he can get and making sure he gets at least a 5 year deal.

8. Default Re: According to Big Frank with WJCL

I still fully believe that Monken is gone, but for whatever reason he ends up staying, the relationship between he and the fanbase is going to be.... interesting.

9. Default Re: According to Big Frank with WJCL

Monken could want the player restrictions being lifted as part of his contract. And getting a Govt agency to do something like that could take a year. Lol
    “Not a young man who played for Erk Russell…won’t tell his children and grandchildren something he learned from this great man. It was like that with Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant” - Keith Jackson

10. Default Re: According to Big Frank with WJCL

Quote Originally Posted by gritzblitz56 View Post
    I still fully believe that Monken is gone, but for whatever reason he ends up staying, the relationship between he and the fanbase is going to be.... interesting.
    No way the players don't have some animosity towards him either if he happens to come back