TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We MUST beat App. State next week

Default We MUST beat App. State next week

App State will almost surely have the worst season they have had since we played our first season in the SoCon 20 years ago and I still don't have an overly great feeling for this game. We've let lesser App teams beat us and derail our season for the past two years basically kill our chances at getting one of the top 2 seeds. We owe them big time. Plus, if we win this one the game may be forgotten not long after this season is over but if we lose we will hear it for a while and we will give them some momentum for this season and next.

We need to give them a beatdown 2004 style. We need to get a couple of quick scores early and take their morale out early. The pick six clearly seemed to break App's back and we need to do the same early. If we stop Marcus Cox and limit the mistakes I think we'll win, but I'm not putting a lead pipe lock on it.

GATA!

I'm not convinced this will be an easy game. I expect them to have their best game of the year.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

3. Default Re: We MUST beat App. State next week

On paper, we should crush App State. However, with the game being in Boone and SOCON officials, that could make for a nail-biter. Hopefully, all of App's losses has demoralized them. We need to pack Brewer-Kidd Stadium with LOUD Eagle fans. I trust that even with all of our injuries, with us coming off of a bye week we should be much healthier with the return of some O-lineman and Mr. Banks. Go Mr. J-Mac!! Take no prisoners Eagles!! Also, Coach CJM having an "extra" week to prep for the battle in Boone on 26 Oct 13, should help. Let's Go Eagles!! GATA!! Please support our warriors in Blue and make the trip to Boone if at all possible. I'll save my prediction for later in the week...

On AGS someone deemed this game the Ineligibowl. I like that name.
    GSU Alma Mater: Words by Caryl Cain Brown, Music by David Matthew
    "From humble farm beginnings, sprung up from sandy earth, among the tow'ring pine trees, stands a treasure of great worth. Her price cannot be measured, in silver or in gold, but in the love and loyalty, that many hearts enfold. Georgia Southern University. On Eagles wings you soar. We pledge to you our loyalty and love for ever more."

Default Re: We MUST beat App. State next week

Quote Originally Posted by SPT-bone09 View Post
    On AGS someone deemed this game the Ineligibowl. I like that name.
    What they called the Ohio State - Penn State game last year IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    What they called the Ohio State - Penn State game last year IIRC.
    Well...I still like it.
    GSU Alma Mater: Words by Caryl Cain Brown, Music by David Matthew
    "From humble farm beginnings, sprung up from sandy earth, among the tow'ring pine trees, stands a treasure of great worth. Her price cannot be measured, in silver or in gold, but in the love and loyalty, that many hearts enfold. Georgia Southern University. On Eagles wings you soar. We pledge to you our loyalty and love for ever more."

thUGA was supposed to roll Vandy but....

Almost 500 yards of offense today. Shot themselves in the foot. Don't expect them to lay down for GSU. It's their Black Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    Almost 500 yards of offense today. Shot themselves in the foot. Don't expect them to lay down for GSU. It's their Black Saturday.
    At 1-6 they have had a # of Black Saturdays.

We are getting everyone's best effort...think this will continue in Boone. We will have to play near perfect to win, esp with all the injuries on the team.