TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Article

1. Default Interesting Article

I don't get to post on here much, but I came across an interesting article at lunch so if someone has already posted this I'm sorry for being redundant....http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...ponents-090313
    I wonder how long other conferences will follow suit?

Default Re: Interesting Article

"Big Ten teams are scheduled to play nine FCS opponents in 2014, including Michigan's opener against, yes, Appalachian State."

I wonder if the author realizes that CrApp won't be FCS in 2014?

"But if a Big Ten team wants to schedule a fellow FBS opponent with no obligation for a return date, it's going to cost big bucks. ''For the (FBS) teams that are available,'' Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said, ''it's probably a good thing for them. It drives the market up a little bit.'' "

More money and a chance to knock off a major conference team -- win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    "Big Ten teams are scheduled to play nine FCS opponents in 2014, including Michigan's opener against, yes, Appalachian State."

Omg, Michigan is going to be out for blood.
    Dyin' aint much of a livin, boy. - Josey Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post

The contract was signed when Crapp was FCS as they've started playing a FCS almost yearly.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Who cares when the contract was signed, when they take the field in 2014, CrApp will not be FCS. Just poor research on the part of the author.

If Big Ten teams do not want play FCS teams that is fine because it is each school own decision who they play in there out of conference games. The most telling thing for the Big Ten is going from an 8 to a 9 game conference scheadule. Just from this decision to play the extra conference game will cost the Big Ten in the number of teams that meet the 6 win bowl requirement. This is on top of each one of the Big Ten schools losing 1 home game every other year.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyBoy View Post
    If Big Ten teams do not want play FCS teams that is fine because it is each school own decision who they play in there out of conference games. The most telling thing for the Big Ten is going from an 8 to a 9 game conference scheadule. Just from this decision to play the extra conference game will cost the Big Ten in the number of teams that meet the 6 win bowl requirement. This is on top of each one of the Big Ten schools losing 1 home game every other year.
    As the Power 5 expand their conference games in order to "excite" television, and as they produce more bottom half teams that don't meet bowl requirements, what's the over/under on how long it takes them to lobby for a revision in the bowl eligible rules?

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    As the Power 5 expand their conference games in order to "excite" television, and as they produce more bottom half teams that don't meet bowl requirements, what's the over/under on how long it takes them to lobby for a revision in the bowl eligible rules?
    I just do not see them being able to sell a less than .500 team being bowl eligible.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

10. Default Re: Interesting Article

Another confirmation of why we needed to leave the FCS. As strength of schedule becomes more and more important to the FBS schools, they will eventually avoid IAA schools. The FCS will eventually look like division II.