TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Paragraph Breaks

1. Default Paragraph Breaks

I'm having trouble making new paragraphs. When I hit "enter", nothing happens. I'm forced to write everything in one huge block, which I don't recall having to do before. Anybody else having this problem, or am I just an idiot?

Default Re: Paragraph Breaks

Really shouldn't happen because I have the forum set to default style, such that users aren't supposed to be able to override. There are some styles out there that eliminate the page/paragraph breaks to condense the style for reading on phones & notepads.

Just double check your profile settings (or don't bother if you've never altered them). Keep me posted.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

I'm having the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I'm having the same problem.
    Ditto here as well. What Message Editing setting should we be using - Simple Textbox, WYSIWIG, or Standard?

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by GaSouFan6 View Post
    I'm having trouble making new paragraphs. When I hit "enter", nothing happens. I'm forced to write everything in one huge block, which I don't recall having to do before. Anybody else having this problem, or am I just an idiot?
    I have the same problem when I post from my computer at home. I do not have any problems with the same computer when posting on other message board only on this message board.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

Alright, tell me what browser (and version) you are using, and if you can, a screenshot of your individual settings. WYSIWYG is supposed to be the default.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Alright, tell me what browser (and version) you are using, and if you can, a screenshot of your individual settings. WYSIWYG is supposed to be the default.
    Work Laptop: Windows 7, IE8, settings set to STANDARD, and I haven't touched it.
    Home Laptop: Windows 8, IE10, settings set to STANDARD, and I haven't touched that one, either.

Will say that I don't have the problem on IE10 on the home PC.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

I'm having this problem too. I'm using IE10 and Windows 8. I have been blaming in on Windows 8 just because I hate it. Can't use enter to start new lines or paragraphs. I'm using WYSIWYG but the cut and paste did not capture the setting below. Miscellaneous Options

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.
    Last edited by GeecheeEagle; 20th August 2013 at 10:13 PM.
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

9. Default Re: Paragraph Breaks

Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post
    I'm having this problem too. I'm using IE10 and Windows 8. I have been blaming in on Windows 8 just because I hate it. Can't use enter to start new lines or paragraphs. I'm using WYSIWYG but the cut and paste did not capture the setting below. Miscellaneous Options

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.
    I think I just fixed my problem.

My settings were set on "Enhanced Interface" and I changed it to "Standard Editor" and everything seems to be working now.

Try it and see if it works for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSouFan6 View Post
    I think I just fixed my problem.

My settings were set on "Enhanced Interface" and I changed it to "Standard Editor" and everything seems to be working now.

Try it and see if it works for you too.
    That seems to have worked. Thanks!
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"