TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chip Towers of AJc on Harp today

Default Chip Towers of AJc on Harp today

He said Georgia could name their score on offense. Also, that our corners stand no chance against their wideouts.
    He thinks that we will have success moving the ball, but he predicts 50-14 badguys
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Default Re: Chip Towers of AJc on Harp today

That's a pretty much spot on assessment of how this game will probably go.

I know there has been A TON of talk about our offense vs their defense this week. Funny thing is that's not even the important matchup. It's finding a way to somehow match up with UGA's passing attack when we can't even match up with App St or Howard's that's important.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    That's a pretty much spot on assessment of how this game will probably go.

I know there has been A TON of talk about our offense vs their defense this week. Funny thing is that's not even the important matchup. It's finding a way to somehow match up with UGA's passing attack when we can't even match up with App St or Howard's that's important.
    +1000 (just got a bad feeling man, bad feeling)

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1000 (just got a bad feeling man, bad feeling)
    Me too, especially after Howard, a weak MEAC school was able to pass on us and score 4 td's.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Any chance we might see Izzy back on the defensive side of the ball for this game...?

Quote Originally Posted by cbrown122 View Post
    Any chance we might see Izzy back on the defensive side of the ball for this game...?
    do you mean Mckinnon?, i dont think Izzy has ever lined up on defense, my ans. would be no to either of them playing defense. We will live or die with #1 at QB. I'm not sure if Izzy is over his injuries?

7. Default Re: Chip Towers of AJc on Harp today

Probably true, but the fact that UGA looked bad at times against Buffalo, FAU and Kentucky does give some hope. If we can keep the game within 7 like we did in 2004 then that would be a good showing.
    “Not a young man who played for Erk Russell…won’t tell his children and grandchildren something he learned from this great man. It was like that with Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant” - Keith Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by GATA ERK View Post
    Probably true, but the fact that UGA looked bad at times against Buffalo, FAU and Kentucky does give some hope. If we can keep the game within 7 like we did in 2004 then that would be a good showing.
    Keep it within 7 at the half you mean? Because we were down 27 to start the 4th in that one.

As for Buffalo, FAU, and UK that was all "Pre-Florida" for UGA. I wouldn't put too much stock into it. This season is eerily similar to 2007 for UGA.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

9. Default Re: Chip Towers of AJc on Harp today

We had some glaring physical mismatches with our corners against App state's WRs. When they spread it out and force us to play man coverage, I'm afraid that they will then be able to do pretty much anything they want passing or running.

I'm thinking about 52-21.

Was listening to the new Atlanta FM sports-only radio station, 92.9 last night and they said, "Teams like Georgia have no reason for scheduling these games. It's absolutely disgraceful and shameful on their part. I mean, Georgia is going to absolutely blast Georgia State tomorrow."