TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hanner Fieldhouse questions

1. Default Hanner Fieldhouse questions

Hey everyone, I just got my exceptance letter from Georgia Southern and I have been recently been trying to get some info on the sports teams, particularly the Basketball team. I was wondering what the atmosphere is like at the fieldhouse, what it looks like, and if anyone has pictures of it or anything like that. Thanks in advance...

Congratulations on your acceptance to Georgia Southern. Hanner is old and we need a new indoor arena, but it's fun and loud. Football is the main sport we're known for and we should make a run for another National Championship while you're a student.

Good Luck and welcome to the Eagle family!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Congratulations on your acceptance to Georgia Southern. Hanner is old and we need a new indoor arena, but it's fun and loud. Football is the main sport we're known for and we should make a run for another National Championship while you're a student.

Good Luck and welcome to the Eagle family!
    I laughed so hard that my girlfriend woke up.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer View Post
    Why?
    The things that come to those who wait will be the scraggly junk left by those who got there first.

If everyone does their assignments, nobody can stop us. The only people that can stop us is Georgia Southern.-Teddy Craft

gsupaintballer has no faith in our GSU eagles......he has alot to learn

6. Default

You mean the 1 picture we have of hanner on the website that is in black and white isn't enough?

sarcasm on.

Just.....wow....

Nice faith there buddy

"Making a run for the national championship" is more than getting to the playoffs. We might do that, but we won't be making a run.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

"Making a run for the national championship" is more than getting to the playoffs. We might do that, but we won't be making a run.
    The older you get, and the more football you get to see on this level, the more you'll realize that once you're in the playoffs, a lot of unforeseen events can transpire ... some folks just don't have a understanding of just how hard it is to win a national championship ...

There are a lot of folks on here who have no real recollection or knowledge of just how close we were (skill/team/coach) wise to making serious noise in the 1997 playoffs ... we should have beaten Delaware, but UD survived to lose to McNeese on a single play, who survived to lose to Youngstown in the championship game on a single play.

Unless you have some perspective and have watched playoff caliber football for a number of years at this level, your opinion is skewed based on the product you've seen on the field the last few years. Don't let that cloud your judgement ... if we make the playoffs, we'll have a capable team.

Now that said, let's start another thread for this talk ... and welcome the original poster to the world of GSU and Eagle athletics ! (Unless you feel otherwise)
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gsuone View Post
    gsupaintballer has no faith in our GSU eagles......he has alot to learn
    He is a Georgia Tech fan. All that needs to be said.