TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baseball vs. Kennesaw State

Default Re: Baseball vs. Kennesaw State

St. Louis led the majors in GIDP last year and they ended up in pretty good shape IIRC. But, yeah we need to shore that up some.
    Josiah McDaniel
    B.S. in Journalism, 2003
    Statesboro, GA
    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." --I Corinthians 13:11

2. Default Re: Baseball vs. Kennesaw State

gajeebers. The eagles are roll'n, Who would have thunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Eagle View Post
    gajeebers. The eagles are roll'n, Who would have thunk?
    Well, some of these young players have stepped up. The biggest step up to me, beyond the pitching staff, is Chase Griffin. If you recall day one with him, it was a mystery if he would be able to stop pitches from going to the backstop. Now, I'm very confident in him. Don't think that doesn't affect the pitchers too, knowing they can trust their catcher. Let's not even start on Chase's bat.

But, the team as a whole has improved. This season isn't lost by any means. We're only a couple of games off from where we were last year at this point. Will they make it as far as they did last year? Too soon to tell. We don't have as many overpowering pitchers and power bats as we did last year, so we'll see. If they play clean, error and mistake free baseball, I think the sky is the limit for them.
    "Once you are touched by these magnificent waters, you become the meanest s.o.b. to ever put on a uniform, and from then on, losing is the most disgusting thing that can ever happen." -Erk

Is it at all possible that Roache could make it back for postseason play or is he done for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Is it at all possible that Roache could make it back for postseason play or is he done for the season?
    Unless somebody has more information, the last I heard he is done for the season.
    "Once you are touched by these magnificent waters, you become the meanest s.o.b. to ever put on a uniform, and from then on, losing is the most disgusting thing that can ever happen." -Erk

from what ive heard, the next time he visits the doctor he will have the cast removed and rehab will begin. As far as being back this year, its possible but not likely, and if it does happen it will be at tournament time at best

7. Default Re: Baseball vs. Kennesaw State

According to twitter, Vic's cast is supposed to come off on April 18th. With rehab, and trying to regain strength, etc, etc. i think that a return by the end of the season may be ambitious.

The guys played really solid baseball last night. The pitching staff did well, and only really got into trouble a couple times. The thing that bothered me is the number of men left on base last night. It seemed GSU had at least one stranded every inning.
    I think the guys take of business tonight, then this is going to be a good battle this weekend.