TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Brown??

Default Brown??

Just curious, what happened to trying to get Brown out on the field more as an A-back? I understand Swope getting the snaps at B-Back, but Brown is still a very good running back. Why did he basically disappear in the last few games? Did he piss off the coaches?

It just seems that if you've got a guy who has over 900 yards rushing then you use him.

Anybody heard anything on this?
    The things that come to those who wait will be the scraggly junk left by those who got there first.

If everyone does their assignments, nobody can stop us. The only people that can stop us is Georgia Southern.-Teddy Craft

2. Default Re: Brown??

All I know is the radio crew said Saturday that Brown was very questionable for the NDSU game. I really don't know what his injury was.

It leads me to believe that for the last few weeks he was hurt.

Someone know more than this feel free to post it.

Default Re: Brown??

I didn't hear that. I guess I was too busy yelling at the slow traffic in front of me as I was trying to get to my buddy's house to watch the game.

If that's true, then it makes more sense. Hate it if he's hurt. But that's better than me thinking he did something to irritate the coaches or something.
    The things that come to those who wait will be the scraggly junk left by those who got there first.

If everyone does their assignments, nobody can stop us. The only people that can stop us is Georgia Southern.-Teddy Craft

He was out with back spasms from what I understand.

I heard injuries in one of BB's article links.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

It was back spasms. They are one of those pains it is impossible to ignore. It may be an aftereffect from his back injury last year. Let's hope he gets that all ironed out before spring practice. Time off should help.

i remember seeing him on the stationary bike talking to a trainer for quite a while during the maine game. i hate it for him... he always gives good effort when on the field.

go eagles

We sit in sec. G and during the Maine game he walked back to the fieldhouse with a trainer. Then heard he was having back spasms during the NDSU game, so I think he has been having problems for last two or three weeks.

YEah, we sit in section E and right after the start of the game I noticed he was slumped over on the back of the benches where the offense sits in-between series. A trainer was there applying ice and massaging his lowere back. you could tell by the look on his face that he was feeling too well. Got me worried but didn't think about it much more because he ended up going back out there. I think it happen on that first pitch play he took at the beginning of the Miane game. He ran a couple of guys over but right at the end a guy hit him at his feet causing him to turn his back and a safety came in head first in popped him right in his lower back. It inhales vigorously he missed the NDSU game, we really could've used his power on the outside.
    "...you just can’t beat Georgia Southern. And you ain’t seen nothin yet…"

--Erk Russell

Do we know if this has anything to do with his back injury from last year? Once you mess with your back it seems to never be the same. I sure hope that his is not something he has to deal with forever and keeps him off the field. He is an asset to this team and he loves the game. Hope this is just a stinger and he will be fine.
    Proud Eagle Fan and Donor Representative for the Eagle Fund.
    Give 110% for your Eagles! GATA